The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: General 8G Question Thread

Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 650
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1 View Post
    Design of the body.
    I think u got it right. If u compare the Galant to other cars u can see how much the body sticks out in front of the wheels. When u lower u G with only 35-40mm springs ur gonna get problems with speed-bumps etc... It takes a while before the Galants wheels lifts up the car and clear off the bump. To get the nice pointy front of the Galant they had to raise the nose up.
    I noticed it myself when i lowered my car first 35mm. And when i lowered it max i hit problems with stock rim size.

The theory about FWD and RWD cars doesn't makes sense since a lot, and i mean a lot of other FWD cars have smaller gap.

how did this turn into a fog light discussion?

You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    how did this turn into a fog light discussion?
    It was a general question about the 8G.

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ThaShiZnitH View Post
    I think u got it right. If u compare the Galant to other cars u can see how much the body sticks out in front of the wheels. When u lower u G with only 35-40mm springs ur gonna get problems with speed-bumps etc... It takes a while before the Galants wheels lifts up the car and clear off the bump. To get the nice pointy front of the Galant they had to raise the nose up.
    I noticed it myself when i lowered my car first 35mm. And when i lowered it max i hit problems with stock rim size.

The theory about FWD and RWD cars doesn't makes sense since a lot, and i mean a lot of other FWD cars have smaller gap.
    I think it makes sense, because when you look at other FWD cars, the distance between the top of the hood and the top of the wheel arch is either higher (like new cars.. check out the Altima, Camry, etc.) OR the drivetrain is tiny. Older civics? very small engines that don't take a lot of space.

When it comes to AWD cars with little wheel gap.. these cars are typically made to be aggressive anyway, so the manufacturer can deal with less gap, tighter suspension, and different drive components to allow for a lower stance. And then there's things like the Evo, which still has a large wheel gap, and quite a bit of distance between the top of the wheel arch and the top of the hood. Not exactly "sleek".

so does the stock oem motor and tranny mounts supposed to have a fluid in them? just curious... cuz I just thought they were all rubber?

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

If I'm not mistaken, they all had fluid when I cut them out to install Prothane inserts.
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

When I busted my old engine mount years ago, the "fluid" found was some sort of hydraulic fluid in small amounts. I don't know how this could benefit stock settings and why the prothane inserts doesn't require them were beyond me.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Corey2kG's Avatar
    Want more deep in exhaust thinking magnaflow. Any suggestions?

FreakyDeaky

Quote Originally Posted by sponcar View Post
    Always remember "do you, not them" cuz thats what make you different than others :)
    2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

^ Megan cat back ha ha with a resonator. Did the I4 G ever come with a plastic valve cover, cover? Like a trim piece? Just wondering

Is it deep like the gt muffler or loud n raspy? N don't want a giant muffler tip either

FreakyDeaky

Always remember "do you, not them" cuz thats what make you different than others :)
    2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

if u get the megans make a video after u install it i think im going to get one in the upcoming months

Quote Originally Posted by Corey2kG View Post
    Is it deep like the gt muffler or loud n raspy? N don't want a giant muffler tip either
    that I don't know, I have a mangaflow muffler, I like it but I want a lower rumble..
    Quote Originally Posted by joegalant View Post
    if u get the megans make a video after u install it i think im going to get one in the upcoming months
    you want to hear it?

Experienced TGC Member o1naturalhigh's Avatar
    what exact year 8g's have the cabin air filter where you can take out through the glovebox?

yessir

Quote Originally Posted by Galantman03 View Post
    that I don't know, I have a mangaflow muffler, I like it but I want a lower rumble..

you want to hear it?
    I have a video of my megan but the video isnt the best, and i have and exhaust leak. once i get that all fixed. I will put up a better one. Also i have the pre-cat gutted which deeped the tone even more.

o1- i belive it was 99-00 and certain 01s had it. But i know for sure my 00 has one, and the junkyard car i pulled things from which was a 01 did not have it

Quote Originally Posted by o1naturalhigh View Post
    what exact year 8g's have the cabin air filter where you can take out through the glovebox?
    I know 2000 does. Exhaust is tricky. smh

FreakyDeaky

2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

Quote Originally Posted by o1naturalhigh View Post
    1999 & 2000 models has it. 1999 model has a tray which comes with a disposable filter sheet ($13 on ebay) and the 2000 model is a built in tray/sheet which at the dealer and ebay run about $45-60. They did away with it for 2001 and beyond. Both are interchangeable and for those with 01-03 can have one just breaking off the tab seal of where the cabin filter supposed to be.

gotta good question. Why do ALL the 8G's have a darker rear bumper compared to the rear quarter panels?

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    I'm assuming they painted the bumper at a separate time from the car. No two mixes of paint are ever EXACTLY the same, unless they have insane quality control (which they don't.. this is Mitsubishi, not Rolls Royce), so painting them at separate times increases the chance of having a mismatched paint job. I've seen some 8G's with bumpers that were closer than mine or some here.

Another theory:
    The primer could be a different color, or the base coat might not be as thick/applied in the same manner as the rest of the car. This will affect the color obviously.

^ah very true... lol so they paint everything but the rear bumper at the same time. makes perfect sense, sounds like the military lol

Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast