The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: General 8G Question Thread

Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
Showing results 101 to 120 of 650
    Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    Seriously? Bcz I was wondering if I was able to smoke the tires by burning out if it would even out the tires or not... Are you sure Lysol will let me smoke the tires tho? What kind of Lysol?
    Seriously, the "solution" he posted gets my nomination for stupidest post of the month.

The tires are compromised. They are shot. There is no correct way to fix them. You need to replace the tires.

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia View Post
    Seriously, the "solution" he posted gets my nomination for stupidest post of the month.

The tires are compromised. They are shot. There is no correct way to fix them. You need to replace the tires.
    Why not have some fun with them?

I say vagetable oil for optimal smoke and light them fuckers up. Might as well have fun if you need new ones. Oh and dont forget the vids

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar

ROLMBO! Ok

Quote Originally Posted by mrg7243 View Post

I say vagetable oil for optimal smoke and light them fuckers up. Might as well have fun if you need new ones. Oh and dont forget the vids
    LOL! I just might to have some fun, we'll see...
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

Hmmm, I find it difficult to believe that flat spotting the tires ruins them. Now I know I'm not in the business of selling tires and what not, but I've flat spotted my tires a couple times on the track by braking too early too hard. All I had to do was go into the pits, hold the ebrake, and burn the fronts up a little with the throttle. It seemed to round them out. None of this vegetable oil or lysol stuff. I never had problems with lumpiness after that. Just speaking from my own personal experience. Nothing more than that.
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

Quote Originally Posted by greddy View Post
    Hmmm, I find it difficult to believe that flat spotting the tires ruins them. Now I know I'm not in the business of selling tires and what not, but I've flat spotted my tires a couple times on the track by braking too early too hard. All I had to do was go into the pits, hold the ebrake, and burn the fronts up a little with the throttle. It seemed to round them out. None of this vegetable oil or lysol stuff. I never had problems with lumpiness after that. Just speaking from my own personal experience. Nothing more than that.
    I figure its worth a shot...
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

As long as it is minor flatspotting it is correctable. Moderate to extreme flatspotting it is worthless to attempt any corrective action for anything other than track use. Technically, you could take to the a speed/performance shop (that sells competition tires) and get them professionally shaved (best method, but it would cost money).

Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1 View Post
    As long as it is minor flatspotting it is correctable. Moderate to extreme flatspotting it is worthless to attempt any corrective action for anything other than track use. Technically, you could take to the a speed/performance shop (that sells competition tires) and get them professionally shaved (best method, but it would cost money).
    I have heard of this, but for the money, might as well replace.

Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1 View Post
    Its not bad, so I'll try it, if it doesnt work I might check into a performance shop. How much you think?

Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    I have heard of this, but for the money, might as well replace.
    Do you realize how much Michelin Pilot Sport Tires cost? Shop told me $390... EACH. And I hate mismatched tires, & I dont have dough to buy new tires right now. :/
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Gee thanks, but he might as well give it a shot. It maybe a stupid post, but it works. It's not like I go out and do it every weekend lol.

That might be better.
    Quote Originally Posted by greddy View Post
    All I had to do was go into the pits, hold the ebrake, and burn the fronts up a little with the throttle. It seemed to round them out.
    This, I stated a liquid to ensure slipage, because a auto tranny is kinda hard to do a burnout it, well I couldn't, so thats what I used.

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

I could see racing slicks being shaved down...but street radials? Sounds sketchy to me.

Just save your pennies, and find a new set of tires. If you hate mismatched tires, just save the good ones as spares.

And LOL @ Michelin prices, main reason why I won't buy them. Then again...I don't think I've ever paid more than tax free whole prices on tires. lol

-Chris-

2003 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L SOHC: "Octavia"
    2005 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe 2.4L DOHC

Quote Originally Posted by XxGiRLaNT06xX View Post
    From the looks of the girl, her face isnt that great.. nothing a paper bag couldnt fix... amirite?

Quote Originally Posted by Skyforger View Post
    I could see racing slicks being shaved down...but street radials? Sounds sketchy to me.

Just save your pennies, and find a new set of tires. If you hate mismatched tires, just save the good ones as spares.

And LOL @ Michelin prices, main reason why I won't buy them. Then again...I don't think I've ever paid more than tax free whole prices on tires. lol
    Yeah I didnt buy the tires new, they came with the wheels I bought on CL for a good deal. I knew when it would be time to buy new tires I wouldnt be able to afford these anyway.
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Not sketchy at all, and is fact really common with AutoX and lower level racing crews that run DOT street/race tires.

To be easier on your wallet, Ivory, just buy two tires at a time. Some I'd recommend:

General Exclaim UHP
    General G-Max
    Goodyear Eagle GT
    Goodyear Eagle F1 A/S
    Nexen N3000
    Nexen N5000 (most only come with an H speed rating)
    Continental ExtremeContact DWS

-Chris-

From the looks of the girl, her face isnt that great.. nothing a paper bag couldnt fix... amirite?

To be easier on your wallet, Ivory, just buy two tires at a time. Some I'd recommend:

General Exclaim UHP
    General G-Max
    Goodyear Eagle GT
    Goodyear Eagle F1 A/S
    Nexen N3000
    Nexen N5000 (most only come with an H speed rating)
    Continental ExtremeContact DWS
    I would tend to stay away from goodyaer as the adage goes they are goodforayear, We had goodyears on 2 cars and the rubber went bad after 6 months.

If you want a good tire go for bridgestone potenza's

390 for 1 tire?? Maybe if your running 315 width.

I would tend to stay away from goodyaer as the adage goes they are goodforayear

First time I've heard that lol

Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    390 for 1 tire?? Maybe if your running 315 width.
    Naw bro, these are really high end tires. Mine are only 225/45/18... They are like the flagship tires of Michelin's. They use these tires kind of tires in racing in Europe with the BMW's, Porsche's, Corvette's, etc.
    http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....omCompare1=yes
    JDM Zenki Conversion

I have Goodyear Assurance Comfort Treads on the G, bought em brand new in 2008, had the fronts replaced under warranty earlier this summer because the rubber dryrotted on the sidewall. Other than that, they've been good, the rears are still on, they're getting low, but for three years of daily driving at least 50 miles a day, they've held up.

Edit: IVORY, I just read your post, no wonder they're so expensive. They're run-flats, they're not cheap.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk fam!
    Last edited by wetamup2k3g; 09-29-2011 at 04:44 PM

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

I would tend to stay away from goodyaer as the adage goes they are goodforayear, We had goodyears on 2 cars and the rubber went bad after 6 months.

If you want a good tire go for bridgestone potenza's
    O'RLY?

I had the Eagle F1 A/S tires on my Pontiac's stock wheels (225/50 R16) for three years, and lasted 45,000 miles.

When I still worked at Sears, I sold two sets of Eagle GTs to friends (Nissan Maxima, 05 - 245/45 R18 and Honda Accord V6 Sedan, 02 - 205/60 R16)

The 'Max squeezed out just over 50,000 miles on his set, and the Honda? He finally wore them out, 57,000 miles, and bought another set!

-Chris-

^^ yeah I forgot to mention I bought the tires at 122,000 miles and right now I'm at 171,000 and change, not bad at all considering how I drive. Never had a problem with Goodyears.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk fam!

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast