The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: General 8G Question Thread

Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
Showing results 121 to 140 of 650
    The problem is, half of Goodyear's tires suck:

Eagle RS-A
    Eagle LS-2
    Integrity
    Assurance TripleTreds (the new tread design is superior)
    Wrangler ST

Those are their common tires, and their better ones are night and day from these crappy ones.

-Chris-

2003 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L SOHC: "Octavia"
    2005 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe 2.4L DOHC

Quote Originally Posted by XxGiRLaNT06xX View Post
    From the looks of the girl, her face isnt that great.. nothing a paper bag couldnt fix... amirite?

what's the widest wheels and tires that can be fitted on the front axle?

also, any reccomendations on race tires?

I'd run a 17x8 lightweight wheel. No more than a +38 offset if you're looking for performance.

As for tires, competiton slicks are pricey, and don't have much tread life. Nitto and Goodyear make awesome competiton tires.

-Chris-

From the looks of the girl, her face isnt that great.. nothing a paper bag couldnt fix... amirite?

Quote Originally Posted by mrg7243 View Post
    I would tend to stay away from goodyaer as the adage goes they are goodforayear, We had goodyears on 2 cars and the rubber went bad after 6 months.

If you want a good tire go for bridgestone potenza's
    You know that Potenzas come in multiple lines, and some are great, and some are shitty.

I'd like to know which exact Goodyear tires you bought. If they wore out in 6 months, it sounds to me like you either A) never rotate the tires and/or B) have a horrible alignment problem.

Yes, I work at a Goodyear, but I will openly and honestly admit that Goodyear tires, as well as every other manufacturer, has shitty tires and great tires.

There is a reason why I put most of my customers on Comfortreads, and 99% of them never have any problems with their tires.

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyforger View Post

Eagle RS-A
    Eagle LS-2
    Integrity
    Wrangler ST

Those are their common tires, and their better ones are night and day from these crappy ones.
    Ah, someone has done some homework. I appreciate someone who has taken time to understand different lines of tires.

LS-2s and Integritys are a joke, and I only sell those to customers who want a cheap tire. Wrangler STs are just about the crappiest tire Goodyear has ever made.

The new TripleTreds are fantastic, while the old ones were great on traction, they wore out way too fast.

I personally would love it if Goodyear started selling Regatta 2s again. Inexpensive, but amazing tire for the price.

Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia View Post
    You know that Potenzas come in multiple lines, and some are great, and some are shitty.

I'd like to know which exact Goodyear tires you bought. If they wore out in 6 months, it sounds to me like you either A) never rotate the tires and/or B) have a horrible alignment problem.

Yes, I work at a Goodyear, but I will openly and honestly admit that Goodyear tires, as well as every other manufacturer, has shitty tires and great tires.

There is a reason why I put most of my customers on Comfortreads, and 99% of them never have any problems with their tires.
    When I worked at Sears, I noticed customers were very happy with Goodyear's Eagle GT, Comfortread Touring, and Assurance FuelMax tires. IMO, their best tires for the average passenger car.

-Chris-

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    Naw bro, these are really high end tires. Mine are only 225/45/18... They are like the flagship tires of Michelin's. They use these tires kind of tires in racing in Europe with the BMW's, Porsche's, Corvette's, etc.
    http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....omCompare1=yes
    Yes, they are expensive tires, but why in the world would you want to replace your tires with the same ones you bought with the rims.

Its not hard to admit, our cars are not BMWs, Corvettes, etc... If you are boosted or stock, there is no reason to put that expensive of a tire on an 8G. Unless you just want to piss money away.

When I worked at Sears, I noticed customers were very happy with Goodyear's Eagle GT, Comfortread Touring, and Assurance FuelMax tires. IMO, their best tires for the average passenger car.
    I love the CTs, and the Fuel Max tires are good as well. I'm still kind of mixed on the Fuel Max CS (for SUVs). I wish they weren't the replacement for the Fortera HLs.

And I am torn over the Eagle GTs. Some cars love these tires, some chew them up. Every car responds differently to tires.

Ah, someone has done some homework. I appreciate someone who has taken time to understand different lines of tires.

LS-2s and Integritys are a joke, and I only sell those to customers who want a cheap tire. Wrangler STs are just about the crappiest tire Goodyear has ever made.

The new TripleTreds are fantastic, while the old ones were great on traction, they wore out way too fast.

I personally would love it if Goodyear started selling Regatta 2s again. Inexpensive, but amazing tire for the price.
    Actually, Regatta 2s still exist, they live on as Goodyear Viva 2s, sold only at WalMart tire shops. WalMart has a lot of their own variations of Goodyear tires, much like Michelin makes a few Sears exclusive ones.

-Chris-

I love the CTs, and the Fuel Max tires are good as well. I'm still kind of mixed on the Fuel Max CS (for SUVs). I wish they weren't the replacement for the Fortera HLs.

And I am torn over the Eagle GTs. Some cars love these tires, some chew them up. Every car responds differently to tires.
    It really depends on the weight transfer behavior of the car. I've noticed cars with a good balance (like a first gen Lexus IS for example) and the owner keeps up on tire rotations, and keeps the alignment in check, the tires perform well.

I sold a set of GT's for an Intrepid (225/60 R16), and even though the owner was good with 7,000 mile rotations, and the alignment in check...the car wore them out in 40,000 miles, less than the 50K warranty Goodyear claims. But those are very nose heavy cars.

-Chris-

Actually, Regatta 2s still exist, they live on as Goodyear Viva 2s, sold only at WalMart tire shops. WalMart has a lot of their own variations of Goodyear tires, much like Michelin makes a few Sears exclusive ones.
    Trust me, I know, but the Viva 2s they sell are not the same as the Regatta 2s. Walmart gets contracts with all tire makers to make bastard off spring of good tires to sell at ridiculously low prices.

Trust me, I know, but the Viva 2s they sell are not the same as the Regatta 2s. Walmart gets contracts with all tire makers to make bastard off spring of good tires to sell at ridiculously low prices.
    The tire tread looks identical, but they must use a different compound. An 08 Altima SE is at my shop for suspension work, and I noticed it had 215/55 R17
    Goodyear Viva2s, V rated even. Caught my attention. lol

Then again, I don't trust WalMart tire shops, even with a spoon. lol

-Chris-

Thanks

I'll be drag racing so tire wear on track isn't that big of a concern for me

^you can fit 12 inch wide wheels up front, I've test fitted a Work equip 18x12, sticks out a ton but doesn't touch the inner suspension. The tire was a 295 width. If you're drag racing, then the fact that it sticks out shouldn't matter.
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    Yes, they are expensive tires, but why in the world would you want to replace your tires with the same ones you bought with the rims.

Its not hard to admit, our cars are not BMWs, Corvettes, etc... If you are boosted or stock, there is no reason to put that expensive of a tire on an 8G. Unless you just want to piss money away.
    Naw man, I dont want to buy the same tires. Thats why I said that I knew when I bought the wheels, that when the tires went out, I wasnt gonna be able to afford the same tire. Let alone I wouldnt spend that much on tires anyway, its ridiculous. What Im saying is Im gonna have to make these work until I can afford a full set of reasonably priced tires, bcz I dont want to have a set of mismatched tires.
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

Eagle RS-A
    Eagle LS-2
    Integrity
    Wrangler ST

The Rs-a, Ls2, Integrity, and Wrangler ST are all ancient lines that have long since passed their sell by date. The Assurance Triple Treds caused a MAJOR market change and they literally were by FAR the best and most versatile tire on the market (old design). The 'new' assurance tripletred has some modifications to accommodate for being V-rated.

Quote Originally Posted by greddy View Post
    ^you can fit 12 inch wide wheels up front, I've test fitted a Work equip 18x12, sticks out a ton but doesn't touch the inner suspension. The tire was a 295 width. If you're drag racing, then the fact that it sticks out shouldn't matter.
    cool, thanks

just wondering, what was the sidewall aspect ratio of the tires you used with those tires?

Michelin Pilot Sports :swoon:

Wow at Dave's quad-six post count!
    I was gonna add I thought the TripleTreads were a decent tire, we sold a shitload of them when I worked at Goodyear back in 2005, I drove a Lincoln LS with some on it a couple times, they were nice. My ComfortTreads, while not at all sporty, hold the road well in slightly sporty maneuvers and are great in rain.

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

The tire tread looks identical, but they must use a different compound. An 08 Altima SE is at my shop for suspension work, and I noticed it had 215/55 R17
    Goodyear Viva2s, V rated even. Caught my attention. lol

Then again, I don't trust WalMart tire shops, even with a spoon. lol
    No Regatta2 was ever made as a v-rated tire. This should tell you that the Viva 2 has nothing to do with the Regatta 2 other than a number.

Quote Originally Posted by greddy View Post
    Well, if you want the widest wheel that would comfortably work it is a 9.5" +35 with 225/35R19s.

Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast