The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 6a13/6a12 want to upgrade your turbo check this out

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

6a13/6a12 want to upgrade your turbo check this out

Its called the JPDC 3/S TD05 (aka 9b-14b) Adapter Plate Kit

This is from there page

The Supra, 300ZX and RX7 - what do these have the 3/S's don't??? Big stock turbos.Â* The 14B is about the right size to compete with the other cars stock turbos, and so we are out to make it possible. What the factory screwed up, we want to correct.Â* The 14B flows 405cfm @15psi (rated) this will require you to upgrade the wussy stock injectors, fuel pump, and thus Air Fuel control too- BUT, you'll finally feel what it should have been feeling from the word GO.Â* The 14B plates will allow you to use TD05-14B's off of stock DSM 1st Gen Manuals, TD05-16G's, and Big 16G's. They'll connect to the stock manifolds, and both stock and Stillen style downpipes.

As I see it owners of 6a12 would be able to use the 14b etc but persons with the 6a13 will have to find a turbo replacement but dont have to get a manifold made

Chad
    ok then, the td05 will fit with the mounting kit!! if i took the bulk head out and had the rear turbo in the dash :!: Sorry didn't mean to sound sarcastic.
    The td05 turbo's are massive. they are nearly 3 times bigger than the td02's. If anyone can get them on a vr4 i'll eat my td02's :!: Sorry again, more sarcasm. I found out some interesting facts today if anybody's interested.
    The td04 turbo,s are very close to the td02's (the size is about the same) but the mounting holes don't line up. What i'm trying to do is get a pair of manifolds/headers, turbo's and down pipes off of a GTO. they have the td04's on them. I'm hoping that the manifolds/headers will fit the 6a12 and then its just a case of making the exhaust, and fabricating the oil and water ways up to fit. If/probably :cry: :cry: they don't fit i'm going to use my manifold/headers for the head and then use the GTO's turbo fitment to connect it all up. a bit of cut and shut with the 2 different manifolds/headers. If this works you can be looking at a possible output of 600 horses :shock: should be fun anyone know if the manifolds/headers will fit from the GTO :?:

Reaver : Grocery Getter
    The turbos off the gto/3000gt will most definitely replace our tdo25m turbos. They also come with the 3 bolt pattern (annoying to find a replacement without a 4 bolt conversion). I am in the process of changing my stock turbos with two td049b off of the gto.
    Holla back.
    P.S. car will be kicking serious ass after.

gssplaya

hmm

any news yet on this mod?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Chad)</div><div class='quotemain'>ok then, the td05 will fit with the mounting kit!! if i took the bulk head out and had the rear turbo in the dash :!: Sorry didn't mean to sound sarcastic.
    The td05 turbo's are massive. they are nearly 3 times bigger than the td02's. If anyone can get them on a vr4 i'll eat my td02's :!: Sorry again, more sarcasm. I found out some interesting facts today if anybody's interested.
    The td04 turbo,s are very close to the td02's (the size is about the same) but the mounting holes don't line up. What i'm trying to do is get a pair of manifolds/headers, turbo's and down pipes off of a GTO. they have the td04's on them. I'm hoping that the manifolds/headers will fit the 6a12 and then its just a case of making the exhaust, and fabricating the oil and water ways up to fit. If/probably :cry: Â*:cry: Â*they don't fit i'm going to use my manifold/headers for the head and then use the GTO's turbo fitment to connect it all up. a bit of cut and shut with the 2 different manifolds/headers. If this works you can be looking at a possible output of 600 horses :shock: Â*should be fun Â*anyone know if the manifolds/headers will fit from the GTO :?:</div>

LOL but I think that my usdm 8g has more space then the jdm counterpart. The width is about 4' wider while from front to rear of the engine compartment exceeds by roughly 3' From what I have seen I can easily fit the stock 3000gt turbo Or upgrade to something else with the 3 to 4 bolt conversion plate that a local shop makes. if all possible I just wanted to have twin tdo5 14b's, I can live with that for a daily driver( I think) The car is going into the shop august first for the final step in the conversion...DAMN wiring.

P.s if anyone has found that Service manual for the 97 galant vr4 please let me know...at least a wiring diagram lol