The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Help!!

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14

Icon4 Help!!

HEY fellow 7th gen Galant lovers..I'm in a bit of a dilema.I have a 94 jdm galant and i recently installed a 4G63t from an evo 3 in it.I've mated the engine to a 2g front wheel drive eclpise turbo transmission(auto) i got a computer for the tranny but no wiring harness so basically my car is just sitting in the garage doing nothing..can anyone inform me of any tuning shops or stores that sell tranny wiring harnesses? I need to get my car on the road and it must be auto as my old man drives it and he doesn't want a manual car again!!

oh yea I live in Trinidad and Tobago by the way it'll be nice to meet you all,and thanks in advance for any help!

The trans wiring harness is a part of the engine harness. I dont think you'll find anyone who will split the harness and sell the half to you.

You either need to get a manual trans or buy an entire auto harness.
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

thanks for the help we don't have the eclipse here mostly evos' and GSR lancers so getting a ff auto tranny is very hard!!

You see thats very hard to do. The non turbo 2g eclipses here have the 420A Chrysler engines in them and the whole ECU/ harness is very different than the usual mistu harness and further more its incompatible. The turbo 2g eclipse have these extra solenoids that you'd have to make up for and the fuel maps are very different cuz they have a turbocharger which makes that ECU/harness unsuitable for your needs.

What you need is an ECU/ harness off either US made 94 Galant GS with auto transmission, or Euro Market 2g Eclipse ECU/harness with auto trans and 4g63 non turbo or turbo engine.
    Last edited by mko; 01-28-2011 at 12:11 AM

Build Thread

Are you going to keep the turbo, or just use it as a N/A engine?

Here's one, its even auto:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/97-98...item19c2bccf64

Build Thread

how hard is it to get an eclipse turbo ecu? i alreasy have the tranny ecu so if i can get the ecu for the eclipse turbo's engine and a complete harness i'll be ok...if i don't i might just put the engine in my 85 mirage and put a 4g64 in the galant.

welcome to TGC, a few Trini on here post some pics when u can
    Nobody built like u, u desighn ur self.

5spd swap
    full custom body conversion
    18x9 Works VS
    Big 16g evo3T next project

Just curious- what was your original engine/trans setup and what axles did you use? The GS suggestion above would probably be easiest.

I think Mystic had a rvr ecu for sale. Some of those were factory with the turbo, 2wd and auto

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    our cars have the TCUs seperate. id try and get diagrams of the 2 pinouts and see how different they are before going too crazy.

you should just go 5 speed and then its just crossing 2 wires and it starts and drives.
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

Check out MR'sG4273 thread at https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=44716

I am pretty sure that there was a 94GS with an auto trans in the junkyard. He might be able to get the wiring harness for you if that will fix your problem. Shipping from Colorado might be a bit pricey.
    jjj
    98 ES (5 spd), 94 GS (5 spd), 94 ES (rebuilt auto), 92 Toyota 4X4, 81 KZ550 A2, 67 Mercedes 250S, 58 Mercedes 190SL

as it is a jdm galant it came with the 4g93 SOCH engine,funds kinda low so build on hold but i will post pics of the car and engine some time this week.

mygalant98
    ur in trinidad and tobago y dont you make couple calls to puerto rico or go on the website and check out what you find its closer for you. i hope i help a little bit.