The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: WHAT do you guys think?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 34

WHAT do you guys think?

im thinking of getting this for the galant u usally see them on 240s or mainly Evos.. i love them... what u guys think?

Ummm, they are VOlk TE-37s, timeless wheels, look good on almost any car, however in the offsets you'll likely purchase the spokes will be flat and boring unlike the pictures in the thread, also, if you by them new, they will likely cost more than the entire value of your car. If you do get them, more power to you.
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

volks are 2,284 not plus tax and thats with tires... +130 for special color... now if i get rotas. which are 138 a peice im look about 900 or less...and size im getting is 16 ro 17s +25 in front and +35 in back..... im thinking im not really good on offset thing wheels arnt my thing but my friend who has um on his supra is helping me out and the spoks arnt that fat so it will show alot.

this are rotas with stickers on them....u can c my car next to him this was at a carshow

A supra owner is helping you choose rims? +25 in front and +35 in rear? How are you staggering the tire size and wheel width...Your rims should be between +38-45 and you will likely have to modify the body to fit +25-35 and lower than 25 will need major modifications.

Experienced TGC Member showtime's Avatar
    I am 18x8 +25 and I stick out front and back...not sure if the 7G can fit lower offsets/wider wheels than the 8G but you might have to cut/roll/modify the fenders

blue8g
    1. Whoever puts Volk stickers on Rotas should kill themselves or not be allowed to modify cars.
    2. Don't use pictures of Volks if you're looking at Rotas.
    3. Eww Rota.

DON'T FAKE THE FUNK.

supra owner works at a wheel place... only reason he is helping me... and on the 8g to the 7g i think out back is alot wider allowing use to have differ offset... and idk size i just saw what the offset was off one sit selling um.... he is doing the calculations for me.... and we will try the wheels out... he has a few in storage he just has to clear it with the manager but not till i have the money to buy them... so he is gunna see the offset will be... like i said idk about wheels like that... i dont even know how u can tell offset? im a noob at that lol..... and i want volks but for 2k ill pass right now... i simply asked what you think about them on a 7g then i told you guys what i wanta get... what he does to his wheels is him... idc...

i like, but are kind of spensive xd,

-Mitsubishi Galant LS 1994 a/t [ SOLD ]

blue8g
    1) Do it right the first time or don't do it at all. Save up or buy a different brand. OR buy used wheels.
    2)Offset: The lower the offset the further out the wheel is pushed. If a stock wheel is 6" wide with a +46 offset and an aftermarket wheel is 6" wide with a +26 offset, the aftermarket wheel will be pushed 20 mm outwards, make sense?
    3)I'm going to say no to buying the Rotas, however I hate all knockoff parts.

BTW: I'd be more than willing to recommend a few sets of wheels that I think you'd like if you give me a price range, desire sizing, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by justin View Post
    supra owner works at a wheel place... only reason he is helping me... and on the 8g to the 7g i think out back is alot wider allowing use to have differ offset... and idk size i just saw what the offset was off one sit selling um.... he is doing the calculations for me.... and we will try the wheels out... he has a few in storage he just has to clear it with the manager but not till i have the money to buy them... so he is gunna see the offset will be... like i said idk about wheels like that... i dont even know how u can tell offset? im a noob at that lol..... and i want volks but for 2k ill pass right now... i simply asked what you think about them on a 7g then i told you guys what i wanta get... what he does to his wheels is him... idc...
    Not my style, but if you like go for them. The offset measures the area where you bolt the wheel on to the hub in relation to the center of the width of the wheel. The ideal for the Galant will be between +35-48 no point to stagger the rims really unless you feel like cramming 235-255 up front and want 215-225 in the back. Might as well go for +35-48 depending on your plans for the car and the tires that will fit with least amount of work as of right now. Most likely if you get 17s something that is 4x114.3 +40-44 7.5 inches wide with 215/40-17s
    Last edited by 03-Galant-ES; 01-28-2011 at 04:06 AM

^thanks alot for both of u... my tires now are 205/40/17 i was thinking to do 215/45 in the back and 215/40 in the front on the rims i have not... idk the offset..... so +35 be best for my car? thanks again for explaining it for me... and aabout the knock offs.. everything in this world is a knock off all the way down to the food u eat.. just saying...

there u go if u decide u dont want staggered...........besides u dont ever use staggered offsets just an fyi
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NISMO...Q5fAccessories
    Last edited by Predat-R; 01-28-2011 at 08:56 AM
    Nobody built like u, u desighn ur self.

5spd swap
    full custom body conversion
    18x9 Works VS
    Big 16g evo3T next project

Dude I think the wheels themselves could look good on your car, and I have nothing agains knock off wheels I am running Konigs knock offs. I don't think you should put Volk stickers on them though. I don't know anything about the offsets. But do some research on offsets first cause you don't want to buy them and then find put they don't fit right.

Quote Originally Posted by wetamup2k3g View Post
    Oh, and sometimes the fat guy can lay the pipe. Just saying.....

blue8g
    Quote Originally Posted by justin View Post
    ^thanks alot for both of u... my tires now are 205/40/17 i was thinking to do 215/45 in the back and 215/40 in the front on the rims i have not... idk the offset..... so +35 be best for my car? thanks again for explaining it for me... and aabout the knock offs.. everything in this world is a knock off all the way down to the food u eat.. just saying...
    Volk TE37's are not knockoffs. Many wheels are not knockoffs. Rotas/Konigs/Drags are knock-offs.

I dont get you Justin....you were complaining before about something being too expensive at like almost 300 bucks and now you want rims that cost more than the value of your car!? LOL Weirdo!

With that said, I like em. I think they would look fine...but why stagger them? There is no benefit for you. Also, dont go less than 17's and go with wider tires than 215. My next set of wheels will run at least 225's

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

groupy luv.............thats all
    evil u on mw2
    Nobody built like u, u desighn ur self.

5spd swap
    full custom body conversion
    18x9 Works VS
    Big 16g evo3T next project

Quote Originally Posted by blue8g View Post
    1. Whoever puts Volk stickers on Rotas should kill themselves or not be allowed to modify cars.
    2. Don't use pictures of Volks if you're looking at Rotas.
    3. Eww Rota.

DON'T FAKE THE FUNK.
    For once I agree with you, Throwing the stickers on Rotas is one of the dumbest things Ive seen, and I come from a community where we use zipties for EVERYTHING. I say dont get them just for the fact that they will not have the concave like Greddy said and just be plain and boring. Look at some other wheels IMO, and stop typing like this.... its annoying... just use one period please.

Stays Flossin'

blue8g
    Quote Originally Posted by Kouki View Post
    For once I agree with you, Throwing the stickers on Rotas is one of the dumbest things Ive seen, and I come from a community where we use zipties for EVERYTHING. I say dont get them just for the fact that they will not have the concave like Greddy said and just be plain and boring. Look at some other wheels IMO, and stop typing like this.... its annoying... just use one period please.
    lol I love the creative use of zipties in the drifting community

at all star bash one guy destroyed his bumper and had to ziptie it ever 20-30 minutes hahha

my front end is currently being held together with zip ties as well...great things those aliens left us. Zip ties, velcro, Justin....

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

Experienced TGC Member o1naturalhigh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by evil-G-nius View Post
    ...great things those aliens left us. Zip ties, velcro, Justin....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast