The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Aayubowan from Sri Lanka

Showing results 1 to 18 of 18

Aayubowan from Sri Lanka

Hey guys. greetings from halfway around the globe =P I'm new to forums, new to cars, just thought of giving a shout as a newbie.

I just got my first car, quite by accident lol, about a month back.. and all i know about it is that it is a Galant 8g. For in depth details, I'd say it's blue, got a new set of carpets and that it smells really nice. ^^

So here i am to learn about what i can actually do to it, get to know the car better, get to know the community better and all that..
    Speaking of getting to know the car better, i'm having a hard time IDENTIFYING what it actually is, and what engine it has. The papers dont say much. just that its 2.0L and its 2003. (I don't trust the papers) Wonder if anyone can help me out with that.? =)

PS: took a look around the forum, NICE builds ppl. ^^d

Welcome to the forum. You'll find all the information you need here. Post pictures we all want to see ))

Enjoy your stay.

- If you've got nothing nice to say, what the hell is wrong with you!?!

thanks. will do, but no mods on it yet.

EDIT:
    Last edited by zynchro; 01-28-2011 at 05:47 AM

Welcome to TGC|
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

welcome to TGC
    Nobody built like u, u desighn ur self.

5spd swap
    full custom body conversion
    18x9 Works VS
    Big 16g evo3T next project

Welcome zynchro!

Am I the only person here that like that bumper?

Welcome!

Welcome to TGC. Nice clean 8g and yeah the bumper looks good.

if it were any other bumper and i was given the option, i'd have swapped that for this one. lol.

major disaster struck, and i had to go park this baby at service. =/

Quote Originally Posted by zynchro View Post
    if it were any other bumper and i was given the option, i'd have swapped that for this one. lol.

major disaster struck, and i had to go park this baby at service. =/
    Ayubowan! Great to see a fellow Sri Lankan on this forum! If I can remember the Galants in Sri Lanka, they are the JDM versions (imports from Singapore) with the leather interior and 2.0L engine (most probably non-turbo). For the people that don't know, the 8Gs were/are being used in Sri Lanka, as cop cars.

What was the major disaster that struck?

Quote Originally Posted by tamim13 View Post
    Ayubowan! Great to see a fellow Sri Lankan on this forum! If I can remember the Galants in Sri Lanka, they are the JDM versions (imports from Singapore) with the leather interior and 2.0L engine (most probably non-turbo). For the people that don't know, the 8Gs were/are being used in Sri Lanka, as cop cars.

What was the major disaster that struck?
    Hey man. where're you from?

Yeah, true that. And they were/are being used by the navy also, where I got mine from.

It had been loyally following routine service from the company while it was in the navy, and the last service session (right before i got it) the new mechanics there have screwed up. Big time. They hadnt put everything back together properly, which destroyed my engine mounts AND the mount bracket within a few thousand kilometres of driving. (and no they never admit mistakes)
    So was busy fixing the thing till today, needed one nasty welding job.

Originally from Colombo, myself, what about you?

Union motors screwed it up huh? What kind of service were they doing, an engine overhaul? It's an English numbered car, so can't be that many km on it right?

Experienced TGC Member Rach3T8G's Avatar
    Welcome 2 TGC!!
    - Chris -
    2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5MT: My DD
    2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5MT

Welcome to TGC!

02 Mit. Galant 5 Spd -> 2010 Mit. Lancer Sportback 5 Spd -> (current) 2014 Mit Evo GSR 5 Spd
    run1206's Rear Disc Tutorial
    run1206's CF Hood Resurface Tutorial

In that case, hello fellow colombian. ^^
    what's your ride? i dont see any in ur garage.?

Yeah United Motors got me into one huge mess, finished cleaning it up only today. They'd also overlooked a radiator fan error, the fan motor had over heated somehow and melted a part of the fan =S never knew these things could ever happen. lol.

Anyway the car's up and running again and now im hunting for mods =D

Thanks guys.

Still getting used to the site.. its pretty confusin at times

Yea I must say that bumper is pretty sweet. Nice 8G man.