The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Junkyard Run...1g TB mod

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Showing results 41 to 51 of 51
    You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    i got the 1g nt tb and it has the extension just like our stock tb...and if you do the coolant bypass mod will you really have to seal very much? besides that screw hold you dont use

really, this is an EASY mod, cept mine leaked id suggest using some RTV instead of JB Weld, maybe that was my problem, but after putting some gasket sealer on everything it did not really leak, untill i moved the butterfly valve manually while it was off, then it leaked a bit(have no clue why or how)

not sure how much you can port your intake mani to, but i would suggest in having it done, then buy a nice ported exhaust manifold from a 2g eclipse
    7g for life!

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seth
    i got the 1g nt tb and it has the extension just like our stock tb...and if you do the coolant bypass mod will you really have to seal very much? besides that screw hold you dont use
    You will have to plug the pipes where the coolant lines supsoed to go, you can just cap them off. Becuase as you know half the coolant chanel sits over the 4g64 IAC opening you'll be sucking in air from those tubes, which may not do anything at all, but remmber its not being filtered through your air filter...so better to cap it
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

Kain
    Just be sure you don't get a '89/'90 like I did. It won't work. The IAC and TB are a single unit.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    im still confused on how a laser in my town had a cyclone intake mani :lauging: i wish spring break was 2 weeks, then i would go take pics of that and the mirage...o well, i will have to wait till this weekend
    7g for life!

ohhhhh so a non turbo one is 60mm too??/ i know where a sonata is with a non turbo 4g63....is it worth getting it?
    2.4 liters of whoop ass.

Experienced TGC Member
    dohc heads can share intakes. Cyclones are suposed to flow better, so he probably picked it up on ebay and bolted it on.

And Jiul yes it is worth getting anything every little bit helps
    Rob
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

the one off the sonata 4g63 N/T is a 60mm? and i wont have to make a sauce can? ill go get the thing tommorow if so..whats the problem with the passages on it??and what year model is it okay to get it off of
    2.4 liters of whoop ass.

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kain
    Just be sure you don't get a '89/'90 like I did. It won't work. The IAC and TB are a single unit.
    See Seth posted in another topic that 1g is 89-94, everything I've ever read about a 1g starts at 91. This might be part of the reason that 89,90 TB arent like the rest, its not really the 1g class of swapable parts..or somethin like that, I think everyone should stick to 91-94 items when it comes to 1g parts.
    Rob
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

i need to find out what year that sonata is then and if its 60mm
    2.4 liters of whoop ass.

Kain
    Quote Originally Posted by 4g64terror
    i need to find out what year that sonata is then and if its 60mm
    Or you could just measure it at the yard. I avoid Hyundai parts....cheap Korean made stuff.

no dude the korean piece of shit has a 4g63 in it..its a mitsu motor with a hyundai valve cover
    2.4 liters of whoop ass.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123