The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: VIS CF Hood Alignment

Showing results 1 to 15 of 15

VIS CF Hood Alignment

So has anyone had their hood not line up right? Could it just be from the car being in a front end accident before I got it? is there a fix?

what part of the hood doesn't line up right?

you may have to adjust your fenders, but be carefull, I have broken many fender bolts, trying to adjust them, just take it easy on them, or you'll have to get an easy out to get them out.

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

Quote Originally Posted by galantman03 View Post
    you may have to adjust your fenders, but be carefull, I have broken many fender bolts, trying to adjust them, just take it easy on them, or you'll have to get an easy out to get them out.
    yeah he might have to adjust the fenders if that is the part thats not lining up correctly,thats why i asked him what part is not lining up because he could be talking about where the radiator support is.

Also the hood needs to have the parts which meet the strut towers notched out for an better fitment. Please check this thread below for pics

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/show...ht=Vis+fitment
    Last edited by IceDouTGaLanT; 01-31-2011 at 08:23 PM
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

^ thats the trunk one.. I don't think we have a hood thread.

x2^^ i dont think you need that much modification to fit the hood...i never heard someone had a problem fitting it.

-RON

Experienced TGC Member
    Just to share the information a Seibon unit...only thing to modify was for the radiator cap, zero cutting elsewhere on those.

3G Eclipse Performance & Development - Denver, Colorado
    www.blackheartmotors.net

Sorry bro, I thought i read some info on that page.

But heres what i did to get mine to fit little better. I had to adjust the hood it self left-right till i had about the same amount of gap on both sides. Now for the actual closing fitment, i had to trim out the exoskeleton on my CF hood to go over my strut area. If you look below at the pics jason posted, you can see where it hits on the car body and on the hood section.

Quote Originally Posted by Prophet View Post

00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SPD_FRK View Post
    Just to share the information a Seibon unit...only thing to modify was for the radiator cap, zero cutting elsewhere on those.
    Really? that guy from boston ESR2000 or whatever his name was said he had to cut a ton off the underside of the hood and then re-glass' it and paint it back.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewi View Post
    Really? that guy from boston ESR2000 or whatever his name was said he had to cut a ton off the underside of the hood and then re-glass' it and paint it back.
    On my Seibon hood, all I had to do was cut the small portion by the radiator cap.

I ended up cutting a square that would fit the entire radiator cap because I wasn't sure how much it was hitting the hood. I had to push the hood pretty hard to get it to close before I cut that portion out, so I couldn't tell if it was rubbing a little bit, or a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by NCamiolo View Post
    So has anyone had their hood not line up right? Could it just be from the car being in a front end accident before I got it? is there a fix?

yes if you havent replaced your radiater support it will not line up right even if u cut around the strut tower ...that will help it fit better but it wont make it line up with the fenders im telling from experience
    PIMPIN AINT EASY

Quote Originally Posted by SPD_FRK View Post
    Good, I was hoping that Seibon was different. Good NEWS!

Quote Originally Posted by galantlvr34 View Post
    what part of the hood doesn't line up right?
    My Fenders, its closer on one side that the other and makes it look crooked. One of the fender mounts actually has the screw hole ripped out probably from the accident. Since I have new GTR fenders I might just wait to fix the problems for when I replace them.

Hope you get it right. I just recently put on a SEIBON hood. No major modifications or cutting on my hood was needed by my body shop. Take a look.