The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Galantman03's 8G Build

Page 1 of 70 123451151 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 1392

Galantman03's 8G Build

So it's about time for me to have a build thread I guess, being I've been doing alot to the G latley... So let start up at the top. I purchased her in May 07 for a school car, to drive back and forth to college. I did NOT like the looks of her at all for a while, and when I first saw the G I was like gross, the front end was ugly. I was orignally looking for a GSX or TSI, being they had the 4g63t in them, but for 6500 bucks you can't go wrong with 64k miles on her. So lets get started
    First thing I did was cleared the corners, and now I regret doing it, and making projector fogs...

Seconed was and Alpine Head Unit in March 08

Third was the door panels.

That was pretty much it, till October 08, when I got these babies from a member here, I think Lonestarr?

That was it for about 9 months, I was gone, Basic Training and Techschool till Sept 09. Then I started to pick it up.. I got tired of the arm rest, it was to tall, so..

I made my own, and yes those are golf balls lol

and I put new carpet in to match the door panels, but it didn't match, fml.

December 09 I finished the dash to match the door panels.

and bought 3rd gen tails.

and a harness bar

Then Jan 10 hit, and I had some different plans. Been thinking about it since I joined, and then it happened. I started to collect parts for the 5 speed swap. Tranny and cai.

Last edited by Galantman03; 09-17-2011 at 10:50 AM

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

These are the only pics I have of the 5 speed swap, kind of dissapointed but, oh well ya know.

Thats my buddy, fricken wierdo lol
    Thats me right there doing something lol

the tranny with the new bell housing, F UPS
    clutch shot
    Last edited by Galantman03; 01-31-2011 at 05:27 PM

This is the most recent shot of her in all her glory. Looks good I think, lowered

And lately I have been collecting more parts, trying to get the exterior finished before JUNE 15, these are the body parts I have right now.

^Jdm rear bumper from cali, working on filling in the gaps on the rear fender flares, pretty much thats all done.

New style conversion, for the winter months, maybe.. I think I like this to much lol

I also have the fender flares from cali, and I'm trying to figure out on how everybody mounted them. Do I need the rubber gasket that goes between the fender flares and the fender? I have an idea..
    Last edited by Galantman03; 05-22-2014 at 09:33 PM

your galant is coming out nicely!. So how did you do the dash?

Only sonata f5m42 swapped. N/A build in motion.

Thanks Exhaust power! I ordered the fabric, its called street suade, synthetic, and I had my upholstery guy glue it on.. It was about $400 just to install the fabric on the upper and lower dash, and the center console, and the fabric was about, crap I can't remember, Its about $30 a yard, and I bought 7 of each color lol.. I think I'm going to change up the interior when I get back in Jan

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    wow thats a lot of microfiber.. probably cozy as hell! haha

Quote Originally Posted by galantman03 View Post
    Thanks Exhaust power! I ordered the fabric, its called street suade, synthetic, and I had my upholstery guy glue it on.. It was about $400 just to install the fabric on the upper and lower dash, and the center console, and the fabric was about, crap I can't remember, Its about $30 a yard, and I bought 7 of each color lol.. I think I'm going to change up the interior when I get back in Jan
    Oic must be some really strong glue. Im thinking about doing my upper portion after i finish up the rest of the interior. But yours looks pretty neat i cant have too much sway. cause i can see my friends petting the hell out of my interior lol

Only sonata f5m42 swapped. N/A build in motion.

Quote Originally Posted by beam514 View Post
    wow thats a lot of microfiber.. probably cozy as hell! haha
    oh yeah, I originally bought that much to do the seats and headliner too, but I think I'm going to use real suade idk how that will last though...

Quote Originally Posted by Exhaust power View Post
    Oic must be some really strong glue. Im thinking about doing my upper portion after i finish up the rest of the interior. But yours looks pretty neat i cant have too much sway. cause i can see my friends petting the hell out of my interior lol
    Yep its is, idk what he used, but he sprayed it out of a spray gun and used a air compressor, dude, i get nasty messages from the bros, and the hoes, they leave me naughty ones in the dash lol

Nice job bro. keep posting pics.

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

love the dash and center console.... looks good bro!
    2002 5spd swapped
    under construction.....

Nice! I was wondering when you were finally going to make a thread. What happens on June 15th? We should try to get a meet together this year.
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

Quote Originally Posted by Isaurio View Post
    Nice job bro. keep posting pics.
    Thanks man! Oh I plan on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gtorque View Post
    Wow.. Very nice!
    Thanks! p.s. I'm keeping an eye on your build... are awd eclipses common down in florida in the junk yard? Here they don't really have them, everybody revives them sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by dGALANTc View Post
    love the dash and center console.... looks good bro!
    Thanks bro! thinking about doing something different with the dash tho we shall see

Quote Originally Posted by M-Rod View Post
    Nice! I was wondering when you were finally going to make a thread. What happens on June 15th? We should try to get a meet together this year.
    Thanks M-Rod, I know its about time right? June 15 is the deadline I set myself for exterior, which entails to me exterior, suspesion, handling, and braking because I will be deploying in July, and the I'm taking leave from June 1st to 24th I think, and I would like to get it done before leave so I can take some nice pics of the G in the Black Hills, and maybe Denver, and Las Vegas maybe. I would deffinently be down for a meet with all the Minn and Ill people, and I don't mind driving, so Minn would be good, never been there lol

I have a 6g74 TB that I got from Ivory8g, looks really good, just gotta figure out the wiring.
    I also have a 99 I4 engine harness that I recieved from Deeznutz, using that for the speedo fix, cuz I'm an 03 and I just don't want to really t tap into the c-17 connector anymore, its rough looking, plus its got the connector for the speed sensor.
    As many of you know, 99 to 01 have a different fuse box compared to 02-03, and I need to figure out what this part of the fuse box is, and what is power through these connections, so if you have a pic of a 99 fuse box cover, post it here please.
    Last edited by Galantman03; 05-22-2014 at 09:34 PM

Got this in the mail today from G-Spot, looking to do a full overhaul on a couple suspension items.

nice progress i like. Let me know when if you head to denver we have several members here SPD_FRK, Ivory8g, Me, and NGwylie.

oh yeah, I'll let you guys know, probably around summer

TGC Regular
    I like the build. The dash is nice.
    Nothing is nicer then a early 90's mitsu

Quote Originally Posted by 1992Galant View Post
    I like the build. The dash is nice.
    Thanks Bro. Its a work in progress..
    Got something in mail today..

I looked at the tutorial, but is there another way to attach the steering wheel? just curious thats all, also the airbag, I havent looked at the Gs connector yet, but Im ASSuming that is not the same connector, so how do I make the air bag functionable? Or can I shall we say.

Also been looking at some EvoScan stuff. WOW, Does it just look hard? or is it as hard as it looks to data log and flash and what not? I'm thinking I'm going to go with EvoScan when I get the Evo Ecu, but I gotta figure out how to use it, whats the best way on doing that?

Page 1 of 70 123451151 ... LastLast