The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Galantman03's 8G Build

Page 11 of 70 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast
Showing results 201 to 220 of 1392
    any wires connected to it? Hmmm I think that it in the Hayes manual right?

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

Experienced TGC Member Galantfan88's Avatar
    The only wires connected is the engine harness, but you can just disconnected that out the ECU. Hmmm I gatta find my book, but its on the passenger side behind the glove compartment and that big black motor for your heater.

Evo 8 ECU / 5 Speed Swap / Fully Built Forged Motor
    Turbonetics Turbo T31 Stage 3 / RPW Stage 3 Camshaft

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Yeah. You remove the glovebox which takes literally 10 seconds. Then the large black box is the blower motor, its held in by several bolts, im pretty sure they are all 10mm. I think there is 1 wiring connector that attaches to the blower that needs to be disconnected. Once you remove the blower assembly the ECU is right back there.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Looks like you did not install the fender flares. Having same issues about Cali's fender flares don't know how to install them and the rubber molding where to get.

^nah haven't yet, I got the gaskets from a member on here who lives in japan, they where 140 shipped. you don't really need them, but IMO you should get them, makes for a cleaner install

ok So i was told that the 74TB wiring was the same... so I went out to look at the wiring, and its not the same colors, a couple are, but some are different.
    TPS
    72TB 74TB
    Green/Yellow stripe Green/Yellow Stripe
    Brown/White Stripe Brown/Red Stripe
    Black Black
    Yellow/Red Stripe
    IAC
    72TB 74tb
    Black/Yellow Stripe Black/Yellow Stripe
    Brown/White Green/Red Stripe
    2 Red Wires 2 Red Wires
    Green/Yellow Stripe Green/Black Stripe
    Red/Black Stripe Green/White Stripe

So is it safe to say that I can match like colors? But what about the ones that don't match? Also where does the extra wire on the TPS go? anywhere?
    Last edited by Galantman03; 06-07-2011 at 03:49 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Stewi View Post
    yeah for a USDM bumper that will work, JDM is much shorter so its a really tight fit
    ive got the old style. u havent seen my car in a while but i was able to fit my moster IC with little issues.

So I farted around today, and fix the speedo issue, wired up the 3 gauges I have, I have only 2 hooked up though, mounted the catch can, MBC, and figured out exactly how I want the intake piping set up... to bad nobody in town can bend thin walled aluminum piping............ so its going to be cut and welded hopefully tommorrow. As far as the lower intake piping, I'm started to get irritated. If you tell a customer friday that you can do it tuesday, you better damn well do it, and not say "Well, we will try to get at it...." so tommorrow I'm going back down there to see if they did ANYTHING, all they have to do is bend a 90 in it, and weld it to my evo licp........ If they haven't done anything, I'm just going to buy the pipe from them. blah people...

haha on a good note, got my tactrix cable in today lol

Hey you think you can clear up on how to fix the speedo issue? I tried reading over that other persons post on how to fix it but for some reason I am not understanding what he is saying.

Yeah^ man. What you do is you take the blue black wire on the speedo, and hook that up to a 12v power source, I tapped into the big fat red wire on c-17. then you take the yellow/black wire and hook that to pin 3 on c-17(that wire is also black/yellow, its next to a gray wire) And then connect the ground somewhere on the tranny.. thats what I did, works like a champ. bummer part is the mileage is going on the g again lol

does anybody here have the diamante FSM? because I have search near and far high and low, and cannot find the wiring for the 6g74 iac to compare what wire goes to what... I found the TPS one club 3g but nothing on the iac
    Last edited by Galantman03; 06-08-2011 at 03:40 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Galantman03 View Post
    Yeah^ man. What you do is you take the blue black wire on the speedo, and hook that up to a 12v power source, I tapped into the big fat red wire on c-17. then you take the yellow/black wire and hook that to pin 3 on c-17(that wire is also black/yellow, its next to a gray wire) And then connect the ground somewhere on the tranny.. thats what I did, works like a champ. bummer part is the mileage is going on the g again lol
    Woow thank you so much, I understand alot better now. Thanks for your time bro...Imma try it out and hopefully get it working. I know that some of the speedo wires have diff colors from what I have so starting over the week end Imma take a look at the colors and see what I can do. Thanks so much for your time bro.

yeah I know some wires are different colors. I found a pinout somewhere hold on let me find it
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewi View Post
    Dont be so sure about that.

Its hard to tell which way the connector is facing in the pic so I will explain it like this. If you remove the connector and look straight into the end of it with the little notch facing up, from left to right it should look like this

power, ground, signal.

this is according to the diagrams I have which have always been accurate for me.
    Last edited by Galantman03; 06-09-2011 at 11:13 PM

So I FINALLY got the exhuast done today... now it doesn't sound like a lawn mower any more lol

Is this the hole that I can thread the knock sensor into?

better angle

alright guys, need some help, I finished installing the outlander intake mani, and the evo fuel with the subaru wrx injectors. now at about 3000 rpm, its like i'm flooding the engine, doesn't wanna go anymore. now I haven't installed the evo ecu yet, as I'm not boosting the manifold yet. I just have the ICP disconnect, and I am using the aem intake hooked up to the tb. Now I was told that the wrx injectors, are plug and play, BUT could it be that the stock ecu can't understand them?

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    They are plug and play, but they are sending too much fuel to the engine. Did you install a FPR? You should be fine once the FPR is hooked up and the ECU is tuned. Its just too rich and thats why its happening.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

The FPR on the stock evo fuel rail is hooked up. But that was with my stock ECU, now I hooked up the evo ecu, it will turn over, but will not start. The map that I flashed to it was supposed to have the immoblizer off. but now I'm thinking its on. and for some reason ECU FLASH ISN't doing what I want it to do lol

edit: I forgot to mention, that I got my speedo to work, and now that I swapped to the outlander manifold, it doesn't work now..... ugh...

does anybody know how to save new data to the xml file. I need need to add a blobbit, but it won't let me save it in the base file... and if I don't save it in the base file then ECU flash won't bring up the new tables that I need for the immobilizer removal..

still no turbo.... having problems with starting the g with the evo ecu, if I could get it started! I could do the rest.............................................. ................... blah so I like this bumper now lol

wow looks like a beast!

Only sonata f5m42 swapped. N/A build in motion.

Page 11 of 70 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast