The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Galantman03's 8G Build

Page 13 of 70 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast
Showing results 241 to 260 of 1392
    Damn, stay safe out there

That's a repeat from me too, stay safe, bruh!!

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    Must be hard to walk away from her after you just got her the way you want her. Definitely be safe out there bro. We appreciate what youre doing.
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

how did i miss this build thread? excellent work man!

stay safe out there.
    From Boost Addicts to Carbon Fanatics™ www.socalautowerks.com

Censee: Im trying to pimp some hoes for money for the lsd. 3/28/2011
    Cali: Sig 3/28/2011

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    looks sweet, and stay safe out there!

Experienced TGC Member Rach3T8G's Avatar
    Stay up & stay safe man!
    - Chris -
    2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5MT: My DD
    2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5MT

Stay safe over there, man.

-Chris-

2003 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L SOHC: "Octavia"
    2005 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe 2.4L DOHC

Quote Originally Posted by XxGiRLaNT06xX View Post
    From the looks of the girl, her face isnt that great.. nothing a paper bag couldnt fix... amirite?

Tect your self Bro! By all means necessary!!

I mean when hot Arab chicks wanna bang you!!
    LOL j/k, either way you look at it stay safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue8g View Post
    Damn, stay safe out there
    Quote Originally Posted by wetamup2k3g View Post
    That's a repeat from me too, stay safe, bruh!!
    Thanks guys I will
    Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    Must be hard to walk away from her after you just got her the way you want her. Definitely be safe out there bro. We appreciate what youre doing.
    It is hard, but I needed a break.. she really pissed me off lol, but I'm going to come back at her 100 fold when I get back. Thanks man, means alot
    Quote Originally Posted by Cali View Post
    how did i miss this build thread? excellent work man!

stay safe out there.
    Idk lol all my body parts are from you now!
    Quote Originally Posted by beam514 View Post
    looks sweet, and stay safe out there!
    Thanks beam
    Quote Originally Posted by Rach3T8G View Post
    Stay up & stay safe man!
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyforger View Post
    Stay safe over there, man.
    You know it!
    Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    Tect your self Bro! By all means necessary!!

I mean when hot Arab chicks wanna bang you!!
    LOL j/k, either way you look at it stay safe.
    LOL, yeah to bad the AF is the only branch that won't let you tap haha, General Order 1... no cha cha allowed lol well you can, but you get in big trouble.
    Kinda of an intersting year for my family, 3 of us cousins will be over in the middle east at the same time. I should have like a family meeting on major holidays or something lol. But thanks again everyone for wishing my saftey and I shall drop by when I have my days off, whenever that is lol

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Stay safe man!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

thanks stewi.
    Now I have some questions regarding eninge hp on pump gas. What is the highest hp rating you can crank out on say 93 octane, with no meth, no n2o. Now I know the C/R matters alot so lets say either the je pistons, or weisco pistons for the 2.4 block evo 8 head.

There are people over on EVOM running into the high 500's to the wheels on pump gas 93 octane. What makes a huge difference there is turbo efficiency and airflow. To be in the high 500's on pump your gonna need an efficient turbo like a 35R or a billet wheel precision 6262, etc, a good flowing exhaust manifold and exhaust, and a good flowing intercooler/piping/manifold and TB. I think a ported stock EVO intake manifold and TB would more than suffice on that side of things.
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

interesting... ok for giggles, what would be need to do say 650 on just straight pump gas. Just trying to get a feel for things, what you need what you don't need. 500 would probably be fast enough, but say you wanted more, then what, could you have say a fuel cell in the trunk with racing gas, and just switch? But then again you would have to have a different tune from racing fuel compared to pump gas.. Trying to figure out whats the fine line between engine internals required for a built engine, that performs well, and lets say you wannt just turn the boost up one day, but since you built it so it can withstand some high hp, you wouldn't have to change anything. Why did you stop at close to 450 awhp? Is that where you loose reliability in the engine or just personal pref?

I stopped at 450whp because I didnt have a dyno slot that day. The guy did me a favor and let me use the dyno for an hour in between two other cars that had appointments. I fully intend on pushing it to the high 500 low 600 range. 600 on 93 octane is tough. If you wanted to run E85 you can easily get to 600 on that. Have you ever driven a car with 400whp? its FAST. 600whp is insane, especially for a car that spends 90% of its life on the street, im in the same situation as you.

With that being said, a "built engine" or "built bottom end" typically refers to an engine with upgraded forged connecting rods and pistons. You can spend $600 doing it or you can spend $6,000 for it, it all depends on what you want. Wiseo Pistons and Eagle rods have proved themselves time and time again as very affordable yet high performance. I run those pistons/rods in my engine.
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

I've driven an evo at 450 whp... its crazy I know, thats why I want more lol. And the intentions I have for the car when I get back is not a daily anymore, its to much hassle/worrying and what not. I already have a crack in my carbon fiber hood, meh, from driving it around all the time. It seems that evom, they all go buy the brand name stuff, and to me, you get what you paid for yes, but there has to be a decent brand aka wiesco and eagle, that make the cut. Also if you do go E85, don't you have to replace all the lines because thats corrosive, or am I thinking of something else? interesting... I'm gonna have to do some more studying. I would like to build a good engine, but I'm not willing to shell out alot for name brand items.

The idea behind building an engine is that you want to do it right...once. Wiseco and Eagle are good parts. The new wiseco HD pistons and Eagle rods can handle about 650-700whp. It terms of turbo's, if your not looking to shell out big money for Garrett or Precision, you can try a BorgWarner or a Holset turbo, both work well and are pretty reliable.
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

ok for pistons I'm thinking about this, but not going to order them untill I have the block checked to see if I can bore it to 87 or 87.5
    http://www.maperformance.com/wiseco-...-evo-4g64.html
    and as for the rods, I'm thinking this cuz none of the others have lengths listed and this should be able to last right? lol
    http://www.maperformance.com/maperfo...r-bs-long.html
    Now for the crank, I'm using the stock one, so just polish it and balance the whole assmebly? nothing more?
    Now as far as oversized valves, is it worth getting them if your not going to port and polish? or is it worth porting and polishing(or atleast porting) the head?
    As for the head, new valves guides, valves, springs, are in order, but as for cams, I have no idea, I'm just going off what others have used on evom, 282's? or should I need less/more duration? Now keep in mind the car is done being a daily.
    And in regards to your comment, I supposed 3 inch intake/ tb is in order then to make everything run in smooth and run out smooth, use 3 inch exhaust. Do I have to have the block decked or anything? I should only have to adjust the bore, and hot tanked to clean it up right?
    As far the the intake mani and tb
    http://www.maperformance.com/boomba-...mba_evotb.html
    and maybe this
    http://www.maperformance.com/magnus-...n-evo-8-9.html
    That should be more than enough for feeding air into her now for the injectors
    http://www.maperformance.com/fic-168...226-1680h.html
    Thats all I can remember off the top of my head right now, I have a list somewhere in a locker
    Last edited by Galantman03; 08-13-2011 at 02:05 PM

If your going for 650whp maybe even higher, you might want to do some porting/headwork. I'd hate to see you really close to your horsepower goal and just fall short because of the head. I have seen stock EVO heads flow 600+whp but it all depends on your setup. If your porting, go +1mm over on the valves to take advantage of the additional flow. Before you port the head, have a machine shop check the specs to make sure its not warped and make sure there is enough material left over to re-surface it once or twice. Last thing you want to do is spend hours porting a head thats out of spec, it becomes an expensive paper weight.

The MAP ported intake manifold and TB work really well.
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Experienced TGC Member Galantfan88's Avatar
    Wow bro if your really going to do this I wish you all the luck. I did as much as I can and fully tired of it...this is my last car for a while until i find another car to play with. It was alot of time and money put into the car. Keep doing your hw man I can not wait to see where this is going bro.

Evo 8 ECU / 5 Speed Swap / Fully Built Forged Motor
    Turbonetics Turbo T31 Stage 3 / RPW Stage 3 Camshaft

^^ wazz up with u bro. How u doing? Wazz up with your project

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

Page 13 of 70 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast