The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Galantman03's 8G Build

Page 16 of 70 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast
Showing results 301 to 320 of 1392

what turbo manifold is that on the chair. looks like a nice stockpile of parts you got going on there.
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

Thanks Matt for the link, and as far as the manifold goes, idk the brand and either did the evo owner, but its never been used and it's an Equal Length T3 Manifold made with Stainless steel material and a 44mm wategate flange, thats all I know lol

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

yah thats a sweet piece, i noticed it was a t3 flange and that the wastegate outlet was on the correct side. nice pickup mind if i ask how much it was?
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

yep, everything is on its right side. 250 shipped, not bad for not being used.

Do you have a garage on TGC? Your car can def make cotm

wait the manifold was 250? thats awesome

Quote Originally Posted by carl3g View Post
    Do you have a garage on TGC? Your car can def make cotm
    yeah I do, but nah, not yet, its not finished.

Quote Originally Posted by underated View Post
    wait the manifold was 250? thats awesome
    I lied, it was $220 shipped, I looked at my paypal history.

When it is, ill nominate you.

Thanks man

OK so kinda an update, its kinda been put on hold till I find another vehicle for a decent price BUT I'm fiddle fartin' around with a couple things
    Removed all the bushings from the knuckles and the rear subframe to get ready for prothane inserts, and torque solutions subframe bushings. And the abs sensors are gone

You just gotta burn the mounts out, the rubber will catch on fire haha

Got the valve cover about a week ago with the front and rear evo axles. And also received a Boomba TB and the evo steering shaft

And I'm also toying around the idea of sending in the head to get worked on...
    Also send the knuckles, rear drive shaft, u joints, disc backings and subframe to get sand blasted, and then only powder coat the knuckles for now.
    Now, Im thinking about soda blasting the valve cover and brakes, since soda can dissolve in water, so I don't have to worry about getting sand in the engine oil upon start up, but I was curious if it will take off the paint decently on the brembos. Also who here has split the brembos to get powder coated and who hasn't. just kinda curious

Pick this up today, 03 eclipse 83000 miles, has a couple dings, and has a check engine light because who installed the exhaust just cut the rear o2 wires, and there is no cat.

Last edited by Galantman03; 02-20-2012 at 04:57 PM

i like those wheels black out nice pick up
    -Dirty South-

They See Me Rollin They Hating -Riding Dirty-
    Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    It dont smell or anything so F it.

^thanks man, it needs a little work BUT, can't be to picky I guess. Just gotta fix the front bumper, get some fogs, and new headlights. And then everything else that I have for the g will be swapped over to this, when I tear into the galant atleast.

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Galantman03 View Post
    Also who here has split the brembos to get powder coated and who hasn't. just kinda curious
    IIRC Jeffylou87 did a tutorial on how to dissamble the Brembo's for powdercoating purposes...
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    IIRC Jeffylou87 did a tutorial on how to dissamble the Brembo's for powdercoating purposes...
    Ok, but I was kinda asking towards a purpose, On evom they say not to split due to the preload on the brembos, and leaking issues, BUT on the other hand... you know? I'm just trying to get a feel for things

Quote Originally Posted by Galantman03 View Post
    Ok, but I was kinda asking towards a purpose, On evom they say not to split due to the preload on the brembos, and leaking issues, BUT on the other hand... you know? I'm just trying to get a feel for things
    Do not split; absolutely no need to powdercoat.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt on Verizon Wireless
    From Boost Addicts to Carbon Fanatics™ www.socalautowerks.com

Censee: Im trying to pimp some hoes for money for the lsd. 3/28/2011
    Cali: Sig 3/28/2011

Paint them, iirc its better for the calipers anyway?

I supposed soda blasting should clean them all up, and then just hit them with high temp paint. Powder coating seems to be the norm on evom. I just don't want any issues with them thats all.

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    Reg High Temp paint wont last you need Caliper Paint specifically. What I did was remove the Calipers and used some Brake cleaner to degrease them then used a steel wire brush that attaches to my drill to remove anymore excess dirt and grime. It got so clean my calipers looked semi-polished. Then I used G2 caliper paint and I've had no issues at all.
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

Page 16 of 70 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast