The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Galantman03's 8G Build

Page 2 of 70 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 1392
    You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Nice work man.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

did u use the harness bar from the evo 8?
    Nobody built like u, u desighn ur self.

5spd swap
    full custom body conversion
    18x9 Works VS
    Big 16g evo3T next project

Thanks Stewi, its a work in progress kind of thing.

as for the harness, I actually got if off ebay in december 09, it was a universal harness bar, but I made sure that the width was compatible with the width of the g, there is some measurments floating around here for the 8g, not to sure about the 7g though. I can take a measurement for ya if you want

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

thanks found one for the evo 8 need to measure compared to the 7g
    Nobody built like u, u desighn ur self.

5spd swap
    full custom body conversion
    18x9 Works VS
    Big 16g evo3T next project

^coo cool. On the other hand.... got some stuff... :)

I like this build thread! :)
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Custom Garrett 50-1 | 17 Psi | Weighing 2xxxLbs
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

lol^ thats only because you know whats coming... shh its a secret

Ok also I have been reading all night long on Evoscan... can you tune with Evoscan? I cannot find a staight answer, or maybe I'm just over reading stuff. Basically I am getting an Evo 8 ecu but it has a Tephra? (sp) mod on it, and I would like to revert it back to just a stock evo 8 base map, but I have no idea on how to do it lol. I asked the guy if he could reflash the stock map, but he said since he did the evo 9 motor, harness, and ecu swap, he wouldn't be able to do it. also if you just have a stock galant, with just a 5 speed swap, do you think a stock evo 8 map would run fine the g fine no problems? Whats better besides the sd logging for the 2.0 trax cable versus the 1.3?
    Last edited by Galantman03; 02-16-2011 at 06:35 AM

Keke ^_^

And the evo ecu you can tune with evo scan and you should download ecu flash as well. And yes evo 8 ecu is usable with the 8g. You need to wire some things and some you dont, as well as deleting the immobilizer so your g will start.
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Custom Garrett 50-1 | 17 Psi | Weighing 2xxxLbs
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

Quote Originally Posted by Ivory8g View Post
    Keke ^_^

And the evo ecu you can tune with evo scan and you should download ecu flash as well.
    Whats the difference between evo scan and ecu flash? You can only do certain things on ecu flash that you can't do on evo scan?

And yes evo 8 ecu is usable with the 8g.
    I know that, I was asking if the evo 8 BASE MAP, is on tune with our stock g ecu, just with being able to read boost

You need to wire some things and some you dont, as well as deleting the immobilizer so your g will start.
    I have a pinout, so Ill be wiring up the harness myself. The problem is, I can find the evo 8 male connectors, but I can't find the female side of the evo ecu connector, which makes sense because it plugs directly into the ecu itself, what i'm trying to do it make a harness that's removable at my choosing.

So yeah.... Got this Wenesday... from Ivory8g, btw he ships fricken fast lol, probably going to get a different o2 housing

recieved these in the mail today, evo intercooler piping with all the couplers, evo 8 ecu and rear disc conversion.

I also cut out the evo spline adapter on the steeringwheel, getting it ready to weld up.

Speaking of which, anybody know of a good leather glue? The steering wheel at the bottom is lifting up a bit, I just wanna glue it down before its too late..

Got the new style sideskirts today. Opinions to those that have done the DOHC swap. Do you think that it would be worth it to swap over to DOHC right now on the stock bottom end block, or would it be better off to wait for a built motor and just do it then.
    Last edited by Galantman03; 02-19-2011 at 10:07 PM

So... BUMP. Got some stuff down today since its literally my first day off in 4 or 5 weeks... idk can't remeber..
    primed everything except the rear bumper still working on that lol

test fitted the turbo and have some questions concerns? problems lol. the o2 housing.... its way to fricken big, for the looks of it, it looks like one of my ac lines from the pump is going to smack dab right in the way... should I use a slim fan to gain some more room? or should I go with a different o2 housing?

^this is the line I'm afraid of...

also are all mitsu 02 housings are the same correct?
    Last edited by Galantman03; 04-01-2011 at 07:31 PM

oh another thought, I need a turbo feed line and return line with all the fittings, I take it all turbo feed line/return adapter plates aren't the same? I've looked around, maybe not hard enough, but I can't find anything for a Precision turbo. any ideas? And I'm totally spacing out a good source to tap off for the oil feed line, I was thinking about off the oil pressure sending unit, have a T fitting off of that.

So I ran into a issue. I was laying everything out getting ready to do the evo pin out on the 99 harness that I have, check the engine bay one last time and something clicked. On my car 03, the a/c relay is in the little relay box, where as the 99 a/c relay harness is in the main fuse box, not the "L" relay box, so how can I save the a/c relay in the 03 car, but with a 99 engine harness? I've been going at it all day, maybe i'm over looking something? any input would be great.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    why are you swapping the evo pinout to the 99' harness and not just swapping the evo pinout onto your stock harness?
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

mostly the main reason is the speedo fix, cuz I know all the wiring it there for it, and the ease, this way I can do it in my room and not underneath the dash. Maybe I'm going about this all wrong, maybe I should just take out my harness, drive around with the 99 harness, and then just swap my harness back in when I finally install the evo ecu. its the price you pay for having this as a daily I guess

howd you fit the turbo with the starter? is it a different manifold or did you get it milled and put spacers in it?

its an ebay 2g manifold.. its really close to the starter, the wastegate it about 1 finger width away with the starter shield off

i dont think that would work for me....ive got an evo 8 16g and im having trouble finding a manifold with the same mitsu flange that doesnt keep the same location for the turbo. im assuming youre running a turbo that came off an evo 7 or below or 2g?

yep its a dsm turbo

Page 2 of 70 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast