The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Galantman03's 8G Build

Page 3 of 70 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
Showing results 41 to 60 of 1392
    i know it was asked but the answer was unclear....what car exactly did you get that harnes bar for? does the eclipse one fit? or does the evo one fit better? any way you can lookin your ebay purchases and let me know?

Experienced TGC Member Galantfan88's Avatar
    Doing the speedo fix isnt that hard to do imma post up how i did it tonight and knock sensor. As for the fan, I would get a slim fan and put it right behind the front bumper and use it as a push. Just like the Evo's have it.

Evo 8 ECU / 5 Speed Swap / Fully Built Forged Motor
    Turbonetics Turbo T31 Stage 3 / RPW Stage 3 Camshaft

Quote Originally Posted by kylecanthurdle View Post
    i know it was asked but the answer was unclear....what car exactly did you get that harnes bar for? does the eclipse one fit? or does the evo one fit better? any way you can lookin your ebay purchases and let me know?
    Ill try to find some info on it for ya

Quote Originally Posted by Galantfan88 View Post
    Doing the speedo fix isnt that hard to do imma post up how i did it tonight and knock sensor. As for the fan, I would get a slim fan and put it right behind the front bumper and use it as a push. Just like the Evo's have it.
    actually everything fits up now, I just had to "adjust" some ac lines, I am still going to get some fans just because... The speedo swap works? I might have a bad speed sensor, it would be tight to get it to work, cuz I really don't feel like taking out everything right now to swap harnesses. I also don't want the speedo to bounce around like Drews speedo was. Where did you get the knock sensor from?

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

Experienced TGC Member Galantfan88's Avatar
    Ooo ok.lol Ummm about the speedo...well there was no other way that nobody found on how to really fix it. I just did it how Galante and Cali sadi how to do it. Sorry buddy...this is untill someone finds out how to really fix this. I got the knock sensor from Partsgeek.com. They seem to have the cheapest prices for the knock sensor but sometimes they are out of stock....well most of the times.lol

If someone knows how else to fix this speedo problem for us 02-03 G people that would be awesome.

Evo 8 ECU / 5 Speed Swap / Fully Built Forged Motor
    Turbonetics Turbo T31 Stage 3 / RPW Stage 3 Camshaft

heres my fix, build a custom gauge panel and run a independant speedo lol

I got your a pillar trim. I will get you some pictures monday, really tired right now, and gone all day tommroow

Quote Originally Posted by Galantfan88 View Post
    Ooo ok.lol Ummm about the speedo...well there was no other way that nobody found on how to really fix it. I just did it how Galante and Cali sadi how to do it. Sorry buddy...this is untill someone finds out how to really fix this. I got the knock sensor from Partsgeek.com. They seem to have the cheapest prices for the knock sensor but sometimes they are out of stock....well most of the times.lol

If someone knows how else to fix this speedo problem for us 02-03 G people that would be awesome.
    so your speedo is still jumpy then? bummer
    Quote Originally Posted by mrg7243 View Post
    heres my fix, build a custom gauge panel and run a independant speedo lol

I got your a pillar trim. I will get you some pictures monday, really tired right now, and gone all day tommroow
    psh... thought about it lol but then yeah thats a pain... sweet man thats fine I can wait

Ok, so I decided to do a little metering. I put the meter on the beeping diode mode, so when I have contact, it makes a beep and I know its the right wire haha

My question is why on the 99 harness, do we have clear understanding where the signal comes into on the male side of c-17, but when we do the "hack" or "fix" on the 02 and 03 models, it doesn't work as it should, meaning factory. it doesn't make sense, as long as you have your ground, power and signal, in the same pins it should work. Now, I looked at the FSM and the speedo doesn't go into the PCM or ETACS ecu at all, there is a junction c-56 but it goes right through and goes into c-30 which is one of the cluster connectors.
    Last edited by Galantman03; 09-24-2011 at 09:11 AM

So... Got some things done today...
    I finished my jdm bumper, with the usdm inset

I'm most likely going to try to paint all of these tommorrow... wish me luck never done it before, and I was having some mad problems with the primer gun... so i'm a little nervous lol

And My custom liscense plate cover ha ha...
    Last edited by Galantman03; 09-24-2011 at 09:12 AM

WOW!! the color is spot on. Great job!!!! I didnt have the chance to get out today i will go out monday for you. Sorry for the wait

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Nice work, looks really good
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

looks good..keep it coming.
    Fully Built 4G63
    HKS 272
    ported Dual Ball Bearing FP RED 84mm 25psi w/ external dump

Quote Originally Posted by mrg7243 View Post
    WOW!! the color is spot on. Great job!!!! I didnt have the chance to get out today i will go out monday for you. Sorry for the wait
    Thanks man! I know I was really supprised on how close it looked, I was a little worried, cuz in the garage it didn't look like it match, and I had to wash the g to see if it matched. I will deff go to the paint guy that I went to for now on to match paint. When ever you get to it, just shoot me a pm
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewi View Post
    Nice work, looks really good
    Thanks! Have to do a little sanding, but I was expecting since it was my first time
    Quote Originally Posted by whokilledhoughes View Post
    looks good..keep it coming.
    Thanks you sir, I plan on it, next step is it well, I'm not going to say haha, although I am thinking about making a rear underspoiler, just to clean up the rear a bit.

So what does everybody recommend for sanding the base coat? Its a little rough, and most forums on the internet say not to sand the base coat, but i would like to make it smooth before clear so i have less work involved, and take care of a little build up in a couple places

Wetsand it with 1000 grit or finer and be sure to use a sanding block and keep the paper very wet.
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

a foam sanding block? spray bottle check, I should be able to hit it with clear after that correct? Meaning I don't have to dust it with base, and then hit it with clear? The sanding won't mess up the metallic flakes in the paint right?

No you shouldnt have to re-base coat it. Just remember how thin the base coat is, you shouldnt be doing much sanding. A foam sanding block is fine, any type of block will do
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    Nice work! You realize that the USDM rear bumpers came with the holes in the bumper also like the JDM's? Its the replacement bumpers that didnt come with the holes...
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    Nice work! You realize that the USDM rear bumpers came with the holes in the bumper also like the JDM's? Its the replacement bumpers that didnt come with the holes...
    I don't know what years but I think some of the USDM rear bumpers didn't come with the holes? dunno. Anyway, mine has the holes and I think they're cool :)

Page 3 of 70 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast