The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Galantman03's 8G Build

Page 5 of 70 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
Showing results 81 to 100 of 1392
    You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Galantman03 View Post
    So if you get a carbon fiber hood, it comes with gel coat, but do you have to clear it to keep it from fading? just curious thats all
    You should still clear it, if the car spends alot of time in the sunlight the gelcoat will eventually turn yellow. I still need to clear coat all my CF parts, I have been lazy with this, but since my car spends 98% of its life in a garage (and usually not even running...LOL) I havent gotten around to clearing it yet.

In regards to the polishing. Wetsand first, that should remove all of the heavy orange peel then polish with a fine cut polishing compound. Ideally you want to polish it with a buffer and not by hand, just keep the machine moving around, keep the part wet with compound and stay away from edges since thats where the clear is the thinnest. Also like I said before, you can wetsand it all and then do a quick polish by hand it will look OK, and then wait until the parts are installed and do a full polish of the whole car, this way the whole car shines and has a nice surface finish.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

So I wet sanded today and polished it by hand... HOLY COW, I might have to re clear my car for it to match lol. I'm pretty sure friday, I'm going to hit the whole car with the FINE CUT Glaze with a DA on friday, that stuff is fricken magic..,

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

I justed fine cut the whole car, polished it, and waxed it, looked and smells GREAT! Now I just need to fix the exhaust....

Oh and I guess I can't figure out the hid wiring with relays, thought I had, then I couldn't remember anything, brain fart, was up for 36+ hrs yesterday working on the g, then drove 45 mintues to see Fast Five lol.. thats when I figured I wired them wrong, help? lol

it looks really good man. Why are you wiring up HID's with relays? Bring me up to speed....
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Thanks, although the hood is pretty bad, but I'm getting that fixed. For the relays, I thought you either had to use those or diodes, to have the jdm headlights operate as advertised? Meaning, when the highs are on, it cuts the fogs, leaves the lows on, and turns on high beams, right now I have it wired as USDM kinda.. lol when I switch to high beams, my lows go off, and I have VERY low light put out till the HIDs warm up. I tried to follow Reelax's thread, but maybe I'm just dumb today, cuz I can't figure it out lol

You are here entirely tooo much!! Corey2kG's Avatar
    Posting here too!! SICK!! Tint those tails!!! lol

FreakyDeaky

Quote Originally Posted by sponcar View Post
    Always remember "do you, not them" cuz thats what make you different than others :)
    2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

lmao^ Nah bro, can't tint the tails, can't do it, I can't do it! lol

It's quick n painless trust lol let me see if I can find of mine.

FreakyDeaky

Always remember "do you, not them" cuz thats what make you different than others :)
    2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

There you go lol

Night shot with lights on

FreakyDeaky

2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

its not that I can't do it, I can but I like the defenition of the red on the silver g.. looks HAWT! maybe next year I might change it up.. actually if I can get window tint to work I might try it

edit, that looks good. not that dark at all... hmmm BTW we both need better cameras lol

Yeah lol my phone cam lense is always dirty lol n sucks at night lol. Oh well. Oh n I can't stay still when I take pics either so that doesn't help either lol. I think the darker "cherry" red tails looks clean as well as OEM.

FreakyDeaky

2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

I like the JDM tails, and 8gb tails, not a fan of the 8ga ones at all. not a fan of tinting cuz I like my a** to be seen at night lol

I see what your saying about the relay/diodes. For me, I almost never use the high beams since I have projector low beams. I've never wired up the light like that so im not the best person to answer that question.
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Bummer... well I don't really use them except when I'm in the middle of no where which happens alot lol. I asked a question in the tut..

run ur hids on low bean and not high, i never use my high beam at all plus i have hid fogs on too and i see the entire rd in front of me just fine

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    Looks great! Nice work :) Reminds me of Galante's car bcz of the color, JDM parts, and wheels. Have u thought of some fender flares? Would really finish off the look and flow with the offset of your wheels...
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

Quote Originally Posted by finald8ta View Post
    run ur hids on low bean and not high, i never use my high beam at all plus i have hid fogs on too and i see the entire rd in front of me just fine
    Oh yeah I know, but when I go to the middle of no where, I need them, you know fro animals such as deer and mountain loins, I'd rather see what I'm hitting then just go oh snap! lol

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    Looks great! Nice work :) Reminds me of Galante's car bcz of the color, JDM parts, and wheels. Have u thought of some fender flares? Would really finish off the look and flow with the offset of your wheels...
    Thanks man lol, I actually got my wheels a week before Galante did and I do have the flares, just waiting on the gaskets from Trigg, should be here by the end of may, but they aren't painted or anything

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Galantman03 View Post
    Thanks man lol, I actually got my wheels a week before Galante did and I do have the flares, just waiting on the gaskets from Trigg, should be here by the end of may, but they aren't painted or anything
    Oh wow, Didnt know you bought them back then! LOL!
    You shouldve painted the flares when you painted everything else to ensure the color will be the same. When you paint parts at different times it doesnt always come out the same. Its not too late, I would paint them ASAP just to get it out of the way. That way you have a better chance of it not being a different shade of silver than the rest of the parts...
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

so what are your plans with the "secret" part i sent you hahaha

Page 5 of 70 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast