The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: intake manifold

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 29

Icon8 intake manifold

i was pulling out onto 119 and while pulling out someone was merging so i had to put the pedal to the floor and i hit about 60mph and the car shut off i pulled over turned it back on and it shut right off i hoped the hood and looked around i found out my throttle body snapped off
    sorry for the no periods the button is stuck

Quote Originally Posted by 99 galant View Post
    The world consists of 2 sexes... grow a sack and unless your actually cheating, tell her to shut the fuck up

Oh shit not good man

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk 'cause I'm awesome
    -Andrew

yeah i know i called my family mechanic he said he can weld it back together but its gonna cost me like 8 hours of labor with will cost almost 260 bucks

The world consists of 2 sexes... grow a sack and unless your actually cheating, tell her to shut the fuck up

Hit up the junkyard for a new one... Much cheaper :)

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk 'cause I'm awesome
    -Andrew

thats what i was thinking but i dont know enough about them to replace it my self but if i would buy a new one i would buy the chrome one off ebay for 500 bucks

I think there would be a tut somewhere on this site... Can't be too hard.

Lemme look around
    -Andrew

did the TB break or the manifold broke where the TBm mounts? there is now way in this place that it takes 8 hrs to weld a TB mounting plate to the manifold, even included prep time! which if its a wire feed welder, really isn't any cuz thats what the gas is used for... I say hit up the JY for an outlander IM, and go with a 6g72 tb too :)

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

I've got the 6G72 TB... I say swap time bro
    -Andrew

-Andrew

I have one for the stock one from when I did the outlander swap, it's in good condition, I'm letting her go for $130 shipped.

BTW once you have done this a few times it becomes real easy, I followed the "How To" thread that's in here somewhere, and it made it very easy, the number one thing to remember is to take your time.

Apologies to the mods, our fellow here needs this soon, so I just wanted to inform him, I'm actually at work be home in the next 4-5 hrs, there will be a FS thread with all the requirements.
    Last edited by oakrdrs187; 02-01-2011 at 12:36 PM

what part broke?there is a complete throttle body and intake for sale on here.if it is just the throttle body there is one on here for sale to if it is still available.here is the link.
    https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=44709

Stock manifolds arent too hard to swap. Hood removal is a neccesity. Took me about 4 hours an i hadnt hardly had any experience at the time.
    Last edited by The_fresh_Galant; 02-01-2011 at 11:02 PM

i dont know much about intake manifolds or TBs i will post a picture up tomarrow on where it snapped at and im still new to cars well repair wise but im trying to save as much money as possible since i got laid off this winter but thanks for the help and oakrdrs187 the one you have it is for the I4 correct
    and again sorry for no periods or anything my keybord is junk

Quote Originally Posted by 00 galant es tdip View Post
    i dont know much about intake manifolds or TBs i will post a picture up tomarrow on where it snapped at and im still new to cars well repair wise but im trying to save as much money as possible since i got laid off this winter but thanks for the help and oakrdrs187 the one you have it is for the I4 correct
    and again sorry for no periods or anything my keybord is junk
    I'm willing to bet it's pretty easy... Go to the JY and try removing one from a car. I did my TB this past weekend and it was fairly easy.
    -Andrew

this is the best pic i could get

the throttle body is fine you need to replace the manifold. Just get a replacement manifold.
    Last edited by jubeiaire; 02-02-2011 at 03:06 PM

Quote Originally Posted by jubeiaire View Post
    the throttle body is fine you need to replace the manifold. Just get a replacement manifold.
    Go to the junkyard... It's easy...
    -Andrew

thanks guys my only problem i have is there is no close junkyards and with out a car its hard to get back and forth to

i have two intake mani for sale. send me a pm.
    Check it out.
    https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=44709

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

if u can that manifold for a week or so i can get the money to you

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast