The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: intake manifold

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 29 of 29
    i would go with the factory reinforced one that isuriao has my 4g64 snapped in the same place didn't even know it did till i removed the intake for some reason dont even know how the car never stalled or ran funny, weird...
    Last edited by deeznutz; 02-02-2011 at 04:47 PM

mine wont even stay started it starets up and i gotta keep give it gas then it dies if i lay off

Quote Originally Posted by 99 galant View Post
    The world consists of 2 sexes... grow a sack and unless your actually cheating, tell her to shut the fuck up

can some one search for a tut to change the IM i tryed searching and i cant ever to get it to work

The world consists of 2 sexes... grow a sack and unless your actually cheating, tell her to shut the fuck up

You all are gonna say im crazy but when mine broke. I lined the break-off together an stuck a heavy-duty shop rag between the intake pipe an the battery to hold the broken peices together...Lasted for a week or two. till i got another.
    2001 Mitsubishi Galant-Totalled..=(
    1987 Cheverolet IROC-Z Camaro-TPI 350
    1989 Nissan 240sx-built SOHC-Trade for Honda
    1999 civic Hatch B20vtec- current
    Lookn for galant to build. .

im not posting another thread but yet again i have went threw another intake manifold cracked in the same spot and i also made a bracket for my sri im just sixk over this car i love it then i hate it

You replace your manifold and in less than 2 weeks it broke?

Time for Outlander Swap, and motor mounts. Hopefully your B/S Belt didn't go and you're getting all these vibrations that are taking a toll on your manifold.

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 00 galant es tdip View Post
    im not posting another thread but yet again i have went threw another intake manifold cracked in the same spot and i also made a bracket for my sri im just sixk over this car i love it then i hate it
    Stop wasting your time with the OEM Galant IM, & get the Outlander IM. My IM broke in the exact same spot, I always knew when it did crack I was just gonna get the Outlander's so I wouldnt end up wasting my time & money like you have. Search around for one locally, 2003 Mitsu Outlander Intake manifold, from a Non-MIVEC engine. Make sure you buy it complete with Throttle Body, sensors, EGR, tubing, & if you can find it the Throttle cable. (Galant cable is longer than Outlander's, so TB Plate wont open completely with mismatch) I had to end up buying my cable from the dealer, was like $30 or something. Also the 6G72 and Outlander TB are both 60mm, so no need in wasting time swapping that. If you want to go bigger go for the 6G74's from the Diamante. It's 65mm in diameter. GL.

Sent from "Straight Outta Cali" using Tapatalk
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    You replace your manifold and in less than 2 weeks it broke?

Time for Outlander Swap, and motor mounts. Hopefully your B/S Belt didn't go and you're getting all these vibrations that are taking a toll on your manifold.
    ^This, def check ur mounts & change your timing belt if you havent already & have high mileage; it can cause vibration when worn from what Ive heard. While youre down there might as well change your accessory belts and water pump as well if you havent already too, cheaper in the long run.

Sent from "Straight Outta Cali" using Tapatalk
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

yes its been two weekls my buddy told me to check my motor mounts the belts have been replaced 1000 miles ago and at the moment im just jv welding it till i can save the money up to either go to the outlander mani or just swap out and put a oem mani and make some kind of frankisteined bracket together to make less vibration

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12