The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: How To Remove 2000 Galant Radio ?

Showing results 1 to 15 of 15

How To Remove 2000 Galant Radio ?

Hi,

I'm looking to swap out the factory, non Infinity CD head unit.
    Besides removing the plastic outer trim and lifting the unit up to un clip each tab....what else has to be removed....it seems like the left rear corner of the radio is stuck on something, while the right side wants to come right out.

please help

You are here entirely tooo much!! Corey2kG's Avatar
    I believe its bolted down in the back. I f you have the infinity radio you'll have to do an amp bypass to the sound from the aftermarket radio to the speakers. That's what I did. Pretty much run speaker wire from speakers to the radio.

FreakyDeaky

Quote Originally Posted by sponcar View Post
    Always remember "do you, not them" cuz thats what make you different than others :)
    2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

Experienced TGC Member showtime's Avatar
    pop off ugly wood grain plastic cover and there will be one screw in the back and it just slides into place. So just take that screw out and pull it out of its little slot (pull up then out) then disconnect wires

Hey Korey2KG are there any instructions to bypass the amp. My G has it and cause of it i can't replace the OEM. If i do, it wont sound, that sucks.

I got mine professionally done but all they did was run wires from the speakers to the radio

FreakyDeaky

Always remember "do you, not them" cuz thats what make you different than others :)
    2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

Can someone provide a visual, please?

"Triangle Circle Triangle Square"

Can someone provide a visual, please?

Which part do you need the visual of? Taking the bolt off at the back, or just getting past the trim, or the whole process?

Taking off the wood grain lol

FreakyDeaky

2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

The whole Process..

Coolest newb eva!
    It's really not that hard. The wood (or silver) trim pops off (just pull hard), and there's a philips screw on the bottom corner. remove it and it slides out easily.

Quote Originally Posted by galant1210 View Post
    Hey Korey2KG are there any instructions to bypass the amp. My G has it and cause of it i can't replace the OEM. If i do, it wont sound, that sucks.
    You can buy an aftermarket interface kit that plugs into the factory amp andhas RCA jacks to plug into the preouts of the new HU. Much easier than running new wires IMO you will also have to connect this interface to power/ground/remote just like an aftermarket amp.

Like this:
    http://www.autotoys.com/x/product.php?productid=14621
    Check around though you may be able to find it cheaper.

Kool I'll see what i can do. Thanks guys.

Quote Originally Posted by BronxBlur23 View Post
    The whole Process..
    definitely not hard in fact it was the easiest head unit ever to install just pop off the bezel (grab it from the tray beneath the hvac unit and pull straight out)
    then i took off the hvac controls to make my life easier after this you have a pretty clear shot at the bolt holding it in it is at the rear corner on a 45 degree angle downward. unscrew it then pick the front of the head unit up until the tabs clear the grooves and pull straight out. putting it back in is the same thing reversed.