The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: w/oarctic7g's awd 7g build

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 88

w/oarctic7g's awd 7g build

I landed it today! 98 Eclipse GSX with 109k miles, its smacked hard in the front right. The bad is I need an intercooler, the right suspension is trashed and its auto. The lucky recipient of this transplant will be my $100 94 Galant GS(got it cheap because of bent valves). The leftover parts can then be used on my dirt race car. I have only driven a 7g on the street for 1 hour and I am so envious of you guys getting to drive yours daily. Any wise counsel from ones that have done something similar greatly appreciated. Plan on putting all running gear, suspension, wire harness with ecu and even the leather seats in. I know the driveline needs lengthened and custom exhaust.

Last edited by w/oarctic7g; 02-01-2011 at 07:49 PM

Sweet!! Document and post.

good luck! and be sure to post pictures.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    for the front suspension, you can just swap over the hub and brakes from the 2g as the rest of the front spindle is the same, but the dual piston front calipers are quite an upgrade and you get the 5 lug. as for the rear, if keeping it auto then just extend the driveshaft to fit and the cutsom exhaust, if converting to 5 speed just swap out the Diff and tranny to a 5 speed, must be 97-99 as the 95 and 96 t cases are different.

so you mention an intercooler, the stock 1g and 2g side mount cant fit anyway so if you are boosting it then go with a small front mount and some 2 inch piping.

and you cant use a 2g ecu in the GS, you need to swap over to a 1g turbo ecu eprom if u can. i think DOHCstunr and eclipsh have a lot of posts about the pinouts in eclipshs build thread
    Last edited by Galanttuner10; 02-01-2011 at 07:52 PM
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

I will just stick w/ auto on this one for now. Why cant I use the ecu if I use gsx harness and all? What size fmic should I be looking for and do I just rig up my own mount for it?

Quote Originally Posted by w/oarctic7g View Post
    I will just stick w/ auto on this one for now. Why cant I use the ecu if I use gsx harness and all? What size fmic should I be looking for and do I just rig up my own mount for it?
    2gs are OBD2 and the 94 and 95 galants are OBD1.5 and 1gs are OBD1 and the harness and setup is most alike between the 1g and 94-95 galant. id use a 1g eprom ecu, they are much easier to find, the 98 and 99 2g ecus are flashable and kind of the link between the 2g eprom and the evo 8 ecu but i see more promise in a 1g eprom ecu
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

Thawing out tonight and dropping rear tomorrow.

Any ideas on where to get the wheel repaired at a fair price?

update?
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

I stripped the tanks and rear ends out of both cars, cut the 2 rear fuel tank mounts out and exhaust hanger. Fitting the awd tank at the moment. -40 temps tend to slow progress a little.

bummer on a gsx loss, but awesome to know it will be put into another beast! Keep us up to date sir.

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

Still along way to go but at least the fuel tank and rear-end are taken care of.

sweet, keep it up man.

wao, nice nice,

-Mitsubishi Galant LS 1994 a/t [ SOLD ]

Gudda G
    keep up the good work

Looks like there will be a second AWD 7g on the roads soon. The drive shaft, routing an exhaust around it and the wiring are the messy parts. Congrats on your progress.
    - Nick, 94 Galant ES - 4G64 DOHC Turbo AWD, E3-16G & Manifold, 780cc inj, fmic, DS-MAP Speed Density

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge..." - Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by eclipsh View Post
    The drive shaft, routing an exhaust around it and the wiring are the messy parts. Congrats on your progress.
    Thanks for the warning. You made it seem so simple but it does take some patience and a lot of time especially those hiding, stinking subframe bolts.
    FYI: it looks like most of the suspension parts and brake components are interchangeable.

Yeah, the rear subframe stuff does take time but it isn't too hard. The suspension parts are identical but the rear knuckles and hubs are different for the AWD cars. I believe the spring rates and shock lengths are different too.
    - Nick, 94 Galant ES - 4G64 DOHC Turbo AWD, E3-16G & Manifold, 780cc inj, fmic, DS-MAP Speed Density

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge..." - Charles Darwin

I wonder what the difference is in the knuckle, it sure looks like I could slip an axle through and the hub looks like the same bolt pattern. Maybe its just the GS though.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast