The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: w/oarctic7g's awd 7g build

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 88
    You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    the control arms are the same. swap to the AWD springs(not only shorter but stiffer than the FWD) AWD bearing/hub will bolt right into the 7G knuckle as it is the same bolt design.

good luck and keep us updated
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

Motor is in finally.

nice progress i am awaiting my swap as of now till i can do more research but im not going awd just fwd 4g63t
    No Comment

Quote Originally Posted by gotclutch87 View Post
    nice progress i am awaiting my swap as of now till i can do more research but im not going awd just fwd 4g63t
    instead of swapping the motor why not turbo the 4g64?
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

That turbo looks like a garret t-25 i have one waiting on me to collect more parts i would perfer bigger but it was very cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by gotclutch87 View Post
    If you want a dohc why dont you do a head swap and turbo it,it would be easier then swapping the whole motor.The 4g64 bottom end has more displacement then the 4g63 bottom end.

Quote Originally Posted by djhah View Post
    That turbo looks like a garret t-25 i have one waiting on me to collect more parts i would perfer bigger but it was very cheap.
    you are going to hate the t25. get a 14b at least. 8 psi on a 14b is about the same as 18 psi on a t25.
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

Quote Originally Posted by Galanttuner10 View Post
    you are going to hate the t25. get a 14b at least. 8 psi on a 14b is about the same as 18 psi on a t25.
    i have tried to sell it on craigslist to get money of a bigger one and the only ppl that hit up on it fell though : ( that was what i wanted to do i mainly got it for the 2g mani that was on it, like i said i got them at a good price.

I just assumed it was stock there is a long series of #s but no 14 or 25. How can I tell for sure?

2g mani is fine. id sell the t25 and get a blown 14b or 16g that has not had the wheels hit the housing for like 30-50 bucks then get a 40 dollar rebuild kit and for 70-100 bucks you have a much better turbo.

and also arctic i want to see this thing in action, even just cruising around. make me finally see some footage to make the awd swap seem even more worth it
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

2g mani is fine. id sell the t25 and get a blown 14b or 16g that has not had the wheels hit the housing for like 30-50 bucks then get a 40 dollar rebuild kit and for 70-100 bucks you have a much better turbo.

and also arctic i want to see this thing in action, even just cruising around. make me finally see some footage to make the awd swap seem even more worth it
    were would i find a blown turbo? just curious

ebay, local dsm forums etc. craigslist. just firmiliarize yourself with what they all look like. need anything else PM me so we dont clutter this thread.
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

Having wiring headaches, I have been studying this stuff for days. I wanted to use the 2g engine harness and ecu then wire it in at the underhood 12 pin connector near fuse block. Thought it was a great idea when I was carefully installing the uncut gsx harness but appears to be too many differences. Should I give up on that idea?

id give up on that idea and rewire the galant harness for the new sensors.
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

id give up on that idea and rewire the galant harness for the new sensors.
    Using gs ecu? part of the problem there is the auto trans I'm using from the gsx.

I did a rewire of the harness for my setup. It is a pain in the ass. The 2g ECU has to be easier though since it is more similar to the 7g setup.
    - Nick, 94 Galant ES - 4G64 DOHC Turbo AWD, E3-16G & Manifold, 780cc inj, fmic, DS-MAP Speed Density

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge..." - Charles Darwin

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    the control arms are the same. swap to the AWD springs(not only shorter but stiffer than the FWD) AWD bearing/hub will bolt right into the 7G knuckle as it is the same bolt design.

good luck and keep us updated
    Chris how sure are you about the AWD bearing/hub bolting right up? The reason I ask is because the word over on dsmtuners is the AWD hub wont bolt into a FWD DSM rear knuckle. The FWD DSM rear knuckle, 7g and 8g rear knuckle are all the same part#. I have never personally tried it, but it looks like the rear hub in a 7g/8g is a smaller diameter and a different bolt spacing where the hub assembly bolts up. I might be wrong though.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

The rear knuckles are definitely different. You cannot use the FWD rear knuckles. The fronts are the same.
    - Nick, 94 Galant ES - 4G64 DOHC Turbo AWD, E3-16G & Manifold, 780cc inj, fmic, DS-MAP Speed Density

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge..." - Charles Darwin

he was talking about the fronts so my response was for the front. rear is different. i have 2g awd front everything in my car with stock galant shocks and springs right now. and small single piston brakes :(
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

the rear knuckles are different part numbers but ASA doesnt show any difference in design at all. id say bolt on the 5 lug to the stock rear knuckle and put in the awd suspension. out stock knuckle just has a stubby shaft but after removing that and putting in an awd rear hub and bearing i dont see why it wouldnt work. just like how the 2g turbo and our cars have different part numbers for the fuel filter but are the exact same and even our main motor mounts and different numbers but using a 2g mount or prothane insert works just fine.
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast