The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: w/oarctic7g's awd 7g build

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Showing results 41 to 60 of 88
    You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    found the only difference i could so far, the diameter of where the hub goes is smaller on the FWD as no axle has to go throught it. other than that they are the same
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

GT10, the rears won't work. There are more differences. I looked at doing it and when they were side by side I immediately saw it wasn't going to happen. I don't remember the details but I think the bolt pattern for the bearing was different amongst other things.
    - Nick, 94 Galant ES - 4G64 DOHC Turbo AWD, E3-16G & Manifold, 780cc inj, fmic, DS-MAP Speed Density

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge..." - Charles Darwin

the awd rear knuckle has a different toe arm design and a bigger hole for the bearing as there is an axle on the awds, so even you they look the same we need the rear awd ones and cant use our stock rear ones. that is what i found in my search.
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar
    As for your wiring issues, I would suggest that since you have a GS harness, i would replace all of your obd1 connectors with the obd2. You can do this one of two ways.

1. remove all of the pins from the obd2 connector then just put the pins one by one from the ob1, or
    2. One by one remove and replace the pins 1 pin location at a time. This way i feel might be more certain of which pin goes where in the transplant. the first connector deals primarily with the engine, the middle two connectors deal with peripherals, and the last i think has most sensors.

I wrote a tutorial on how to get the pins out of the connectors, instead of cutting and splicing each individual wire.
    https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=25051

Now a few issues come to mind.

1. Are the firing sequences for the spark plug and the injectors the same going from GS to 2g? My suggestion would be to follow the pin placement diagram for the 2g ecu when relocating the pins. If you have both pin diagrams (94 gs, and 2g eclipse) and if there is a difference, it should be in the injector locations and the spark plug firing locations.

2. You will probably need to replace the CAS (cam angle sensor) wires of the GS harness with the CAS wires from the 2g. You're 2g harness will be your donor for various parts you'll need.

I think if you follow the pin out diagram of a 2g ecu, and install the CAS for the 2g you will not have any problems using your 2g ecu and your harness will connect to everything else in the GS

do you have to use a 2g? i am wanting to do a 5spd 4g63t swap on my 95 es and i have some 1g turbo parts laying around like 6 bolt 4g63t harness axles ecu ect. im only wanting to go fwd..
    No Comment

2g is direct bolt up pretty much as we share almost the same exact chassis, you can put in the 63, but need to mod the water pump for the 2g motor mount like every other dsm does and if its a fwd 1g tranny i think there is a tutorial on how to run it around here, but out trannies bolt up to it, only the flywheel needs to change.
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

Have you open up the GS ecu? If its an Eprom you can use the Evo I-III rom file. Or locate an Evo I-III ECU.

Or...get a 2G boomslang wire harness to use the 2G ECU. Three of the four plugs fit. you will just need to rewire the boomslang. Mko did a write up on it!!!

I got you cover if you need to log the GS/Evo I-III ECU

You guys make some things so difficult.
    Last edited by mysticj; 05-03-2011 at 01:18 PM
    94 Galant GS: 4G67 head, 1G IM, Evo 8 TB, DeltaCam 272/264 Cams, Test Pipe, OE Avenger V6 60mm catback w/muffler, modified Outlander header, DIY COP setup, B/S delete, 315cc injectors, AEM UEGO WBO2, Black case 3G ECU

1994 GS FYI
    DSM/CSM Manuals

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Ice View Post
    As for your wiring issues, I would suggest that since you have a GS harness, i would replace all of your obd1 connectors with the obd2. You can do this one of two ways

I think if you follow the pin out diagram of a 2g ecu, and install the CAS for the 2g you will not have any problems using your 2g ecu and your harness will connect to everything else in the GS

hmm Interesting idea! The problem with that may be alternator, fuel and auto trans. I will study it more this weekend.

you shouldn't have any problems with the alt, fuel. As far as the Trans, are you going 5spd or staying auto?

I'm not familiar with boomslang, so i wouldn't have know about it, plus my swap was about 3 years ago and there was only one person that could help me so I had to forge my own way, and that's what i did. There's a lot of ways to skin a cat.... choose yours.

Auto for now.

If you are thinking of going 5 spd, it'd be easier to drill for the clutch pedals and run shifter cables while the engine is out. Either way keep us updated.

if your interested I have 2 2nd gen sidemounts 50 plus shipping let me know

Turned it over today no spark. Still hung up on wiring I am now using 2g engine harness, 7g gs starter harness and body harness. I will get there eventually.

so the 2g harness plugged in the galant's dash harness?
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

There were too many differences for direct plug in. I ran the three- and + to ecu.

Making a little progress and hope to finish wiring this weekend. I took out the 2g engine harness, it was a dumb mistake to try and use it in the first place. I have most of the engine bay stuff wired in and the ecu is getting closer. I added wires for the wastegate, mdp, fpr and 2 wires for alt as I will be using the 2g alternator. Still need to do resistor pack/injector wiring. Your input is appreciated.
    Last edited by w/oarctic7g; 11-02-2012 at 03:20 AM

Nice work on the progress W/oarctic. Iam sure you will get the wiring figured out, I had a bit of a headache with my swap and cas wiring but is ok now.
    ---||| 97Galant, E3 16G, Safc, 5spd,Drifter Body |||---

by by to the two wire alternator,

coil pack, mdp, fuel reg and injectors all soldered and heat shrinked

ecu connectors done and ready, only had to move pins on a few, add another ecu connector and run 4 new wires to engine bay.

I learned the hard way as there are differences in the pins and how they fit in the connectors between the obd1 and 2 connectors. I guess if I forced or modified the pins it could have worked.

Still have to setup ic, driveline and exhaust but I want to try to start it tomorrow anyway.

I got it started today and it actually idles, it is pig rich though. Will try to figure it out after the black mist dissipates.

congrats
    MODS

5 speed swap
    Eibach Pro Kit on GR2 Struts
    Cold Air Intake
    Outlander Intake Manifold
    6G72 V6 Throttle Body
    6G72 V6 Fuel Pump
    Axle Back Exhaust (ebay)
    Evo Fuel Rail
    Evo Radiator
    Rear Disc Swap
    Prothane Motor Mount Inserts

im getting 25mpg city and 30mpg highway untuned!!!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast