The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: what u guys think

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 39 of 39
    i say the 2nd one and 5 speed swap that ho

well not only talking to yall but o myfriends here... i come to the end conclution that i will get another 7g get the 63 awd and swap it and jut clean up my 7g more with a 63 fwd swap and BOOOST both cars muhahahaha also im buying some green volks with tires and 2exta tires for 1500... seemed like a steal to me... but idk there offset yet so nothing is set yet...

blue8g
    Be a responsible person and put it towards your mortgage? In this economic climate that's a wise investment.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by justin View Post
    well not only talking to yall but o myfriends here... i come to the end conclution that i will get another 7g get the 63 awd and swap it and jut clean up my 7g more with a 63 fwd swap and BOOOST both cars muhahahaha also im buying some green volks with tires and 2exta tires for 1500... seemed like a steal to me... but idk there offset yet so nothing is set yet...
    something tells me you wiill never undersatnd what i and others are telling you. the 4g64 bottom end is better. .4 liters of displacement makes a difference and leads to a very torque car and you make more power than with the 2.0 bottom end. get arps and an MLS head gasket, forged rods pistons and some new bearings, main and rod(ACL works nice) then clean up the head and get it planed and bolt it into the 7G along with the ECU and rewiring for that. then decide what to do with the AWD eiher a built 2.0 or AWD the galant later on.
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

are you planning on leaving the 4g64 block and putting a 4g63 dohc head on it?i would just rebuild the block you have now if you plan on boosting the motor,and put a 4g63 or 4g64 dohc head on it.

^ im keeping the 4g64 bottom? an puting 63 head.... on? i been building it for awhile now when iam donei will post it up with pics of the build and all info....

this my old 7g.. i got in a fight with a pole after a SUV ran me off the road... using its bottom and building on it...

^ im keeping the 4g64 bottom? an puting 63 head.... on? i been building it for awhile now when iam donei will post it up with pics of the build and all info....
    yeah thats the best way to go,especially since you plan on putting a turbo in it.

i still have my other galant... jut front end is to fucked up and the frame is bent... so ima sale it to junkyard said give me 300 for it... and ill get the another galant and AWD that one.....

btw i have no mortgage... house PAID ALL THE WAY OFF.. thnksforthe input

i come to the end conclution that i will get another 7g get the 63 awd and swap it and jut clean up my 7g more with a 63 fwd swap

^^^ read that and say that it doesnt sound like you plan on using the full 63 engine. so are you saying by 63 fwd swap you mean the DOHC head swap as those are completly different things.
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

well i am sry... i thought cause in another post i stated i have been builting a 63 head with a 64 bottem i wouldnt have to make it clear my mistak =(.....

well i am sry... i thought cause in another post i stated i have been builting a 63 head with a 64 bottem i wouldnt have to make it clear my mistak =(.....
    went through the thread again, any comment made about a 64 bottom end was made after my comment and you never mentioned building a DOHC head
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

If you want to be cheap get lets say 97 hyundai engine. Its 2.0L Dohc 4g63 7 bolt engine and its preferable because its newer style and it has never seen boost unlike other 7 bolt 2g engine. Get Evo8-9 pistons/rods combo, they go for $150, hone the cylinders, change the bearings and you have yourself a decently built motor. This motor would take 20psi easily and make some decent power.

You'd safe yourself half of the hassle of building 4g64 bottom end and you're gonna have alot more aftermarket support than 4g64 and still be cheaper
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

the 64 has plenty of aftermarket support for the bottom end, cranks, rods, bearings, pistons, what else you you need? lol and then the 63 cylinder head has endless possibilities. and he already has the 64 bottom end and the 63 top end.....
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

The entire 63 build will cost $500 in parts, for that much money you only get pistons. Dont get me wrong I am for a built 64, but realistically 63 is much much cheaper option

Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mko View Post
    The entire 63 build will cost $500 in parts, for that much money you only get pistons. Dont get me wrong I am for a built 64, but realistically 63 is much much cheaper option
    when fully building a motor 63 v 64 its the same amount of money. only difference is more used 63 parts you can pick up and use.
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

yeah, brand new parts yes. Used, good condition parts the price difference is huge

Build Thread

I wish I had the funds to tackle a destroked 64 with 11:1 pistons and DOHC swap N/A. I think that would be fun

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

i wasnt talking about this thread chris other post on the forums i said lol... sry ... i did say sry =( lol.... yes all the parts i have are usd but im also getting everything reserficed and cleaned... like new..... already at the shop... when i had to get my 64 valves replaced i went ahead and brought it in.....

heres cleaned 64 head in my car now.. new everything

before

after

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12