The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: !!need to know about exhaust!!

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4
    MysteryGalant

!!need to know about exhaust!!

I bought a new exhaust and it was a straight inlet . Took it to a muffler shop and they told me they cant do it because it was not off set on the inlet .So can anyone tell what i can do to get a aftermarket exhaust with a off set or is there something i can do to put on a straight inlet! :x

Re: !!need to know about exhaust!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MysteryGalant)</div><div class='quotemain'>I bought a new exhaust and it was a straight inlet . Took it to a muffler shop and they told me they cant do it because it was not off set on the inlet .So can anyone tell what i can do to get a aftermarket exhaust with a off set or is there something i can do to put on a straight inlet! :x</div> Sounds like you found an exhaust shop that doesn't know about exhaust. In order to go from the stock offset inlet to a straight inlet they'll need to add about a ten inch piece of pipe that should be mandrel bent. My muffler is a straight inlet and that's what my shop did. It's really a no brainer. Try another shop.

Chip
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

MysteryGalant
    thanks 4 the information i just got it put on and it sounds good thanks! Do i need to change the air flow sensor when i did this?

my suggestion, just get an axle back made. so if you sell ur car or soemthing u can bolt on back the stock muffler or something. all the muffler shop has to do is cut back a lil bit and add on some pipe so it can be bent to meet the center. if you have a canister muffler, you might want to go back a lil bit more, cuz i hate it when people mount their muffler crooked...

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.