The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Okay im sold lol

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 63
    I read ur post u put up I can't view the video on my phone but only bumber u can get at any jy here is the usdm ones 7ga and 7gb the diamond and vr4 and worldspec are Jdm and edm sry...

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SiônRo88 View Post
    Yea I knew they were for turbocharged vehicles, was just curious if they had any other benefit. It may not be a show peice, but it still looks good and people like to show them off with their custom front ends and I've always liked the look. I don't think I'd boost my SOHC anyway, it'll be awhile before I do any performace enhancing mods.
    It was hands down the most sophisticated part of my turbo build. Its not the mounting the intercooler and routing the piping thats hard work.. its making that intercooler and 2.5'' piping behind a JDM vr-4 bumper that was a royal bitch. Most would have given up and hacked the shit out of their bumper but i did it with integrity and it took me about 4 days to make a custom intercooler mounting bracket, weld the T-bar to the intercooler bracket so it would not flop around, weld the mounting bracket to the car (yes yes i did this), route the piping around those fog lights, ALL of this without cutting much off of my bumper at all.... If you only laid eyes on a vr-4 front bumper you would know what i mean. the way it curves in leaves you NO room for any decent size intercooler at all. However, if you like the cut out grill look on the JDM vr4 front you can put whatever the hell you want back there. LOL.. OH! And i didnt cut any part of the car that any structure to it what so ever... If i could cut a few things i can make whatever i want to fit but i dont have the structural engineering degree to cut things and know how to put it back in a different way that makes it just as strong. My problem with hacking away at the radiator support and whatnot is that the front crossmember is attatched to it! No way would i hack that up PERIOD!

I read ur post u put up I can't view the video on my phone but only bumber u can get at any jy here is the usdm ones 7ga and 7gb the diamond and vr4 and worldspec are Jdm and edm sry...
    If you're talking about the thread, I actually regretted making that once I saw this one. The video is the one from this post lol (sry very new to forums). Those JDM Galants are gorgeous but it sounds like those bumpers can be a lot of work to make fit properly.

I like the look of this bumper and lip combo that 98mgalant posted, is it a 1998?
    Last edited by SiônRo88; 02-09-2011 at 10:48 PM

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    not a lot to make it fit perfectly at all, if you plan on fitting a huge front mount and dont want to hack it up then yes. im going to have to cut my bumper a lot to fit mine but u know what the overall look is there and is much better than usdm. i love 4grims 7g and its the only 7gb front o really like

the jdm bumpers have such perfect fitment
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

for a 3" core the DE bumper need very little trimming

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Scion that is a 7gb bumper yes u find them on 97-98s and that's a type r lip from a Tegy. And I thought grim had a Mugen lip now?

He does that's an old pic.

Quote Originally Posted by wetamup2k3g View Post
    Oh, and sometimes the fat guy can lay the pipe. Just saying.....

that video make me love the G's

-Mitsubishi Galant LS 1994 a/t [ SOLD ]

I thought so I like that lip also the accord lip like Warren did on his 7gb came out nice....

I have a 3" core and had to cut the grills out to make it fit but I like it more with out the grills in there and a fmic behind it I took my time with the cutting only to remove what as needed and really I think it looks great if not better now.....

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

Scion that is a 7gb bumper yes u find them on 97-98s and that's a type r lip from a Tegy. And I thought grim had a Mugen lip now?
    Nice, I think I like the 7Gb more than the 7Ga that is on my car and needs to be replaced. I'm going down to the junkyard this weekend and I know they have a 97 and a 98, with any luck I'll be able to snag one that's in good shape. I much rather do my very first bumper modifications on an OEM rather than an expensive JDM bumper. Thanks for breaking down where I can get that bumper and what type of lip that is, will the 7gb fit a 1996 without cutting? I'd assume it would considering it's a 7G but we all know what happens when you assume lol

Scion is what my mom drives.... I get the same thing in person though lol

to swap front ends you need a 97-98 t-bar and bumper. as the 94-96 and all jdm use a diffrent t-bar

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Hmm a lot more work than I thought, I don't know the first thing about changing a Tbar, hopefully my repair manual gets here soon and has some detailed instructions on that.

I have to agree with Galanttuner10, the JDM look is a lot better than USDM. Do any of you know a good site to purchase JDM parts for Galants? I've only been able to find VR4 front clips and bumpers, never any DE stuff. I did find JDM folding mirrors off VR4s on ebay but I'm still researching which ones will fit my 96 Galant, most of them just say they fit the 90-93 USDM galants.
    Last edited by SiônRo88; 02-10-2011 at 07:38 PM

type in e54a on ebay and ull see many parts from the same seller. contact him
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

I do not like that 7Gb front end at all. Kev's car is sexy but would be better with a different front end in my opinion. I'd rock pretty much any of the JDM fronts except maybe the one with the brush bar

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

Well the t bar has Alot holding it... U have to take ur bumper off along with youheadlights there are 2 bolts behind each headlight also 2pm the middle support... It's real easy not much work behind it... Yes I love grims new lip over that one

the front bumper is easy to take off to swap on a JDM front especially if you start with a 94-96. take out ur blinkers, then the grilles, then those 2 bolts, then the 2 in the fender then the ones by the head lights and then go under the car and you will see 4 14mm bolts 2 on each side undo those then slide the whole bumper out and then the supports and everything are gone. then you move ur horn if yours is in the was like mine was and bolt the new one up.
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

I found that guy on ebay everspring_sports, thanks Galanttuner. The prices for the parts are reasonable, the shipping is a kick in the sack.

Quote Originally Posted by SiônRo88 View Post
    I found that guy on ebay everspring_sports, thanks Galanttuner. The prices for the parts are reasonable, the shipping is a kick in the sack.
    items are coming from malaysia so yea it is steep. it is really worth it if you are looking for the best look for our cars IMO. get head lights, front bumper and side skirt and you will be very happy
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast