The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: History of Galant and DSMs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 35 of 35
    yep, every gen eclipse to date was drafted from the previous year's galant chassis.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by Galanttuner10 View Post
    1g n/t 4g63s were 7 bolts
    not all of them, before may 92 it was all 6 bolt
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mko View Post
    not all of them, before may 92 it was all 6 bolt
    how many base 1g 90 to 92s have you seen 5 speed? i havent seen any. they say they exist but i havent seen one and the base autos had the 1.8 4g37. any 2.0 4g63 non turbo i have seen has been a 93 or 94
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

Hmm...about roughly 1660 Galant GS was build between Mar? 93 to May 94. It was suppose to be replace by a 2.5L 6G73 in 1996 build on the same platform as the 95-00 Avenger/Sebring. Money issues and service recalls push the V6 model to the 8G lineup. Some ECUs were Eprom and it is based on the Evo 1-3 and Spacerunner/RVR processor.
    Last edited by mysticj; 02-07-2011 at 12:13 AM
    94 Galant GS: 4G67 head, 1G IM, Evo 8 TB, DeltaCam 272/264 Cams, Test Pipe, OE Avenger V6 60mm catback w/muffler, modified Outlander header, DIY COP setup, B/S delete, 315cc injectors, AEM UEGO WBO2, Black case 3G ECU

1994 GS FYI
    DSM/CSM Manuals

how many base 1g 90 to 92s have you seen 5 speed? i havent seen any. they say they exist but i havent seen one and the base autos had the 1.8 4g37. any 2.0 4g63 non turbo i have seen has been a 93 or 94
    I have a base 1990 Laser 2.0 dohc, non turbo, 5speed.

TGC Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by w/oarctic7g View Post
    I have a base 1990 Laser 2.0 dohc, non turbo, 5speed.
    I got a 93 eclipse n.a 2.0 5speed.
    Nothing is nicer then a early 90's mitsu

TGC Regular
    dam it. My 1g was made in august of 92. Fml I got a seven bolt

Quote Originally Posted by 1992Galant View Post
    dam it. My 1g was made in august of 92. Fml I got a seven bolt
    you do realize there is nothing wrong with the 7 bolt especially the 1g 7 bolt? i know people running stock 2g 7 bolts with 30 and 35rs on a stock bottom and an evo is a 7 bolt all they did was flip the block around but it is a 7 bolt.

i have seen 6 bolts walk, honda b18 walk and put a rod through the block and 7 bolts walk. i hate when people say that a 7 bolt always walks, there are many 7 bolts with over 200k on them and they never walked, its all about how u maintain the car and if you ride the clutch as the thrust bearing rides a thin layer of oil that does away when u press in the clutch and when u hold it there it deteriorates pretty quickly.
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

TGC Regular
    my 1g has 184 thousand miles on it. I still love my 1g. I got a 6 bolt to swap in if the 1g .

Very interesting information. I was always confused as to weather the US gallant was considered a "DSM", I mean they are are made in the same factory at least the 8g.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodriguez View Post
    Very interesting information. I was always confused as to weather the US gallant was considered a "DSM", I mean they are are made in the same factory at least the 8g.
    the 7g was made there as well as avengers and stuff like that. it wasnt only 3 car types rolling out with 3 different badges. our cars are not really DSMs as the term has become to mean 1g and 2g T/E/Ls but they are diamond star built vehicles and the 1g, 2g 3g and 4g were built by the corresponding galant forms 6g, 7g, 8g and 9g.

also to be mentioned the Galant led to Diamond star motors. in the 70s chrysler started selling the dodge colt(in japan was the mitsu galant) and they formed a bond over those years and then they made the merger in the late 80s. then the relationship fizzled and by 96 chrysler had pulled out and mitsu took full control.
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

the 7g was made there as well as avengers and stuff like that. it wasnt only 3 car types rolling out with 3 different badges. our cars are not really DSMs as the term has become to mean 1g and 2g T/E/Ls but they are diamond star built vehicles and the 1g, 2g 3g and 4g were built by the corresponding galant forms 6g, 7g, 8g and 9g.

also to be mentioned the Galant led to Diamond star motors. in the 70s chrysler started selling the dodge colt(in japan was the mitsu galant) and they formed a bond over those years and then they made the merger in the late 80s. then the relationship fizzled and by 96 chrysler had pulled out and mitsu took full control.
    Yeah its an interesting history. They produced some great cars during those years. They built cars that really last, at least from what Ive heard and from what Ive experienced with my 8g.

As far as the colt is concerned I would love to get a hold of an early colt gs. They really look like little muscle cars.

all of the assembly stickers in both of my GS's have DSM all over them, as well as the serial plate under the hood.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by DOHCstunr View Post
    all of the assembly stickers in both of my GS's have DSM all over them, as well as the serial plate under the hood.
    all the 94 and 95 galants have the dsm tags and some early 96s made in 95. after that they all went to the MMNA tags even on the 2g and everything

my 95 had all the DSM tags and my 96 doesnt, the only thing that says DSM on it is i think the impact sensors in the front fenders front what ive seen
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

first post edited. Ill have to add a few more things for 8th gen
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12