The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Alpine Power Pack

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 22 of 22
    Agreed^

I forgot most companies down graded. I remember being able to find head units that would run 30 X 4 RMS & the highest I ever saw was 10yrs ago at 35 x 4 RMS. But it has been over 6 years since I have had to even look into buying a new head unit, for my self or even with someone else.

I do know the how to read the wattage for audio.
    Actually I use to have an old style Rockford Fosgate when they use to under rate their amps. Which could run down to 1 ohms & 500 x 2 watts (1000 x 1) RMS running two 12" Rockford subs & a 2 farad capasitor in my old Nissan 240SX hatch back. Dam system destroyed 3 sunroofs and loosened every possiable screw it could on the car. And that was only running a max of 3/4 power on the amp. I would have kept the system but I need the room in my trunk for the kids stroller. The joys of being a dad.

Just on a note,
    For those who read this never run the power gain on your amps full power. If you want the amp to last run a max of 3/4 gain. If 3/4 gain is not enough, then go bigger amp. And run a capacitor before adding a bigger battery or second battery.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12