The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Hmmm paint her?

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Hmmm paint her?

Ok guys so first off i go to college for autobody so this is feasible. My G is kinda messed up, after buying my quicksilver 09 (used with 23,000 miles) me and my classmates figured out she was wrecked and repaired without telling the insurance company therefore it wasnt on carfax. I believe they didnt prep good enough because the paint is chipping everywhereeee the hood is TERRIBLE. im thinking about fixing that and some dents and other chips, also tossing up the idea of a complete color change so I was wondering what everyone would suggest. Thanks, Mike

ya, there are a ton of cars that are not notified by the insurance... Best bet is to get it redone. Go to a reputable car place, check out there newly finished work on the lot (pay attention to corners, window frames, etc) , and get some reviews and see from there
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

any pics of the condition its in would help, full body pisc that is
    Nobody built like u, u desighn ur self.

5spd swap
    full custom body conversion
    18x9 Works VS
    Big 16g evo3T next project

You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar
    Color is your preference, but mine would be blue.

It all depends on the direction you're planning to go with the car overall as far as physical appearance. Are you planning to do anything else besides paint it?

i dont have any pics of the damage right now but ill take some soon..besides MAYBE rims in the future i dont have any plans of changing the body

Keep in mind for when you plan to sell the car in the future, complete color changes are often frowned upon.

Go ahead and paint it yourself it's easy. I painted my whole JDM conversion parts myself. I'm pretty sure you can do it too. It's gonna be a very good practical experience for you. Stick with the original color. You can check out my build thread. Good luck
    "Mitsubishi Galant(e) for Life"

Tuned 2013 Evolution X GSR PB

-> Follow me on IG @blackblurr_x | 5-Speed | Check out my Build Here