The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Keith6110 1999 Reincarnated Galant

Page 38 of 41 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041 LastLast
Showing results 741 to 760 of 806
    Couldn't find a tight enough radius bend in the size you running? You could have always done the pie cut to make it tighter.

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

he can add them later

dude, it honestly sounds like your plugs are firing on the exhaust stroke to me, I had some weird ignition wire failure/error back in 09 and the car souned very much like that, although it wasn't smoking

what's the reading from your wideband anyway?

I just watched the videos and i have a few suggestions.

- what injectors are you running? if you have bigger injectors how do you compensate for them.
    - I'd assume you're using 74 crank trigger plate, right? IDK if it matters using 74 distributor with it.
    - Double check timing marks, I hope you spun the engine by hand after installing the timing belt.
    - What psi is your AFPR set to with the vac line crimped?
    - Make sure the firing order at the distributor is correct.
    - Make sure the injector plugs are at the correct spots and that you get +12V on all 6 outgoing wires of the resistor box.
    - Connect the MAF to the throttle body, just for troubleshooting purposes, to eliminate any possible post MAS leaks causing rich conditions.
    Last edited by mko; 10-30-2012 at 11:59 PM
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mko View Post
    I just watched the videos and i have a few suggestions.

- what injectors are you running? if you have bigger injectors how do you compensate for them.
    - I'd assume you're using 74 crank trigger plate, right? IDK if it matters using 74 distributor with it.
    - Double check timing marks, I hope you spun the engine by hand after installing the timing belt.
    - What psi is your AFPR set to with the vac line crimped?
    - Make sure the firing order at the distributor is correct.
    - Make sure the injector plugs are at the correct spots and that you get +12V on all 6 outgoing wires of the resistor box.
    - Connect the MAF to the throttle body, just for troubleshooting purposes, to eliminate any possible post MAS leaks causing rich conditions.

Mko,

I am running evo 560cc injectors. I have went into the rom and changed the cc's to 513 (Psiproformance had told me when we were getting my brothers car tuned that the injectors run much better at 500cc than they do when you put in 560cc)

On the left is the stock Big maps and on the right is my modified injector voltage and injector cc's. The injector voltage values were taken from a stock evo rom.

Correct I am using the 6g74 crank plate for the CPS. My distributor is now the 6g72 gts because I'm using the 6g72 cams.

I double checked, triple checked my timing marks. I have spun the engine around probably 50+ times lol, no joke. All marks are spot on.

I have my FPR set to 42 lbs. I think stock is even higher. With the Vac line crimped... I didn't even check.

I'll check the voltage coming out of the resistor pack. I assume they are 12v since the resistor pack is only supposed to change the ohm output. I'll also double check my injector grounds to make sure they are place correctly.

I'll move the maf if none of this is works out for me lol.

Thanks for chiming in, hopefully I can narrow down my problem here.

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

Keith6110 1999 Reincarnated Galant

Did the ecu give you your fuel trims? Make sure you dont have to much timing on the maps from 5 to 40 load and 750 to 1000 rpm. What are your spark plugs gap?

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

The ecu did not give me my fuel trims. Not even sure how I would accomplish that.

The timing maps are almost what the stock big maps had. I can probably change the values so they are not as advanced. I also put my MAF scaling changes in this picture. The original on the left and my values on the right (copied from an evo rom because I was originally using the evo 399 maf). I am now using the 482 MAF so I should probably change the values back.

Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

Quote Originally Posted by keith6110 View Post

Correct I am using the 6g74 crank plate for the CPS. My distributor is now the 6g72 gts because I'm using the 6g72 cams.
    it shouldnt matter what cams you're using - I say give it a try and pop the 74 distributor in there and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by keith6110
    I have my FPR set to 42 lbs. I think stock is even higher. With the Vac line crimped... I didn't even check.

it should be 45-50 psi with the vac line crimped ( I usually use pliers to squeeze the line). When you let go of the line, the vacuum should pull it down to 40psi. Your fuel pressure right now proly sits at 35psi....way too low. It doesnt matter that its boosted now, the stock ECU still wants to see 45-50psi.

Quote Originally Posted by keith6110
    I'll check the voltage coming out of the resistor pack. I assume they are 12v since the resistor pack is only supposed to change the ohm output. I'll also double check my injector grounds to make sure they are place correctly.
    Ok, injectors dont have grounds. One wire comes from the resistor pack which supplies constant +12V and the other wire is the control wire from the ECU. It goes 0V and 12V - zero volts open the injector and 12V close the injector.

Build Thread

ahh okay. I had thought the ecu "activates" the ground for each injector which would then give a reading of 0v.

I will try the crimping the vacuum line to see where the needle goes and see where it drops back down to and adjust accordingly.

Silvertune had given me advice to use the 6g72 distributor because of the way the key lines up with the cam. He had said the distributor would be off 60 degree's unless I used the 6g74 cams. Makes sense to me that I would have to use whichever distributor that was designed for whichever cam mark. I can try this if all else fails though.

Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

Quote Originally Posted by foxbrand View Post
    he can add them later

dude, it honestly sounds like your plugs are firing on the exhaust stroke to me, I had some weird ignition wire failure/error back in 09 and the car souned very much like that, although it wasn't smoking

what's the reading from your wideband anyway?

My wideband sits in the 12's at idle. I haven't checked it since I fixed the TPS problem, so it could be different. I haven't been home since last Sunday so I would have to ask my brother to see what it says.

What was your fix for the firing on the exhaust stroke?

Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

Did you disconnect the battery after making changes to the ROM. I dont think the ECU recognizes these 560cc.

Build Thread

I did not do that yet. My battery has been dead most of this build lol. So you think even though the changes have been uploaded, it has not recognized the changes yet? I know the immobilizer Silvertune had be change worked because I had spark after.

Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

yeap

Build Thread

If you changed the all the bit from table FAA and you put the same hex all across is the wrong way to disable the immb. It works because you are disabling a bunch of instructions use by the ecu at that memory location. Thats a bandaid approach. But i dont think thats your problem.

Your problem is a few things all together both ecu and mechanical.

Check the mechanical part first. Spark plug gap to all fuel to air sensors. Maf, map, tps, all o2 sensor, ignition etc. when thats 100% then check ecu. I would start with stock pcm you had. Since you never will hit boost level > 100% loads, is a good testing with stock pcm. All you need is transfer injector latency, scaling, maf scaling, smoothing. I will leave the pcm do its job of getting info for all sensors and get you fuel trims to see what you need to adjust. Most likely injectors.

Just some info to help you spot errors.
    Last edited by Isaurio; 10-31-2012 at 10:21 AM

SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

Alrighty, I'll also give that a go. Thank you sir!

EDIT:
    Isaurio I'll run the stock maps and make changes to the injectors and injector voltages. I'll leave the maf for now because I'm using the 482 maf instead of my initial adjusted MAF scaling for the 399 maf.
    Last edited by keith6110; 10-31-2012 at 10:25 AM

Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

The injector voltage on the stock pcm stays the same just on the latency side you change to the evos.

The maf put the gts maf with the gts values and try with that first. Dont put the evo values. Since you using maybe a stock map sensor with stock map tables values.

SOHC Turbo

I'd love to change the Injector Latency. But I don't believe that is defined.

Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

Thats the big map rom. It most be there maybe rename differently.

SOHC Turbo

I browsed evom and evox. The Injector Battery Voltage has got to be the Injector Latency Table. Also I believe my values are wayy off which is probably causing my rich idle. Once I get the injectors dialed in, I think I'll be okay. I'm going to take silvertune's advice and get a new map sensor too.

Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

Check this link out:

http://ceddy.us/tuning/injectors/

Build Thread

Perfect! That should help a lot. I remember using this when doing ceddy mods on the gsx, I just completely forgot where I got the tables from.

Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

Page 38 of 41 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041 LastLast