The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 00-05 3g eclipse mishimoto radiator

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13

00-05 3g eclipse mishimoto radiator

Hey guys im looking to get an all aluminum radiator for my v6 8g. The only ones I was able to find are for the 00-05 v6 eclipse. Will this fit directly into my 8g? Thanks!

I remember reading the club3g article and recall it doesn't have an AT cooling. And that it was made for the 5-spd guys. Please confirm this if anyone read that article thanks.

wasnt the eclipse radiator shorter than the galant radiator too? I think you'll need to use spacers to have it sit correctly inside the pegs.

Quote Originally Posted by G-spot View Post
    I remember reading the club3g article and recall it doesn't have an AT cooling. And that it was made for the 5-spd guys. Please confirm this if anyone read that article thanks.

Even if it has them cooling for A/T, it's better to go external.
    The ones in the rad sometimes go under it's own pressure, and then you get Coolant in you're Diamond III only Trans. Not Good.

Quote Originally Posted by crzygtz View Post
    Hey guys im looking to get an all aluminum radiator for my v6 8g. The only ones I was able to find are for the 00-05 v6 eclipse. Will this fit directly into my 8g? Thanks!
    Maybe not directly, but the modifications need won't be too hard.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    Can anyone confirm this?

My conclusion was that a radiator made for an EVO 7/8/9 (or 5/6 if you want to relocate the upper pipe) is a better option. Still not a direct fit, but overall better. Do a search for "EVO radiator" on here, the info is there thanks to Stewi and Cali, and there's someone else who fitted a Mishimoto one already too IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by gtx View Post
    My conclusion was that a radiator made for an EVO 7/8/9 (or 5/6 if you want to relocate the upper pipe) is a better option. Still not a direct fit, but overall better. Do a search for "EVO radiator" on here, the info is there thanks to Stewi and Cali, and there's someone else who fitted a Mishimoto one already too IIRC.
    now would that be the same for a v6? because those 2 have evo swaps

Experienced TGC Member
    3rd Gen Eclipse radiator will need spacers, or shims, placed on the bottom pegs to properly position the radiator to match up to the top mounting brackets. Otherwise you can make custom top mounting brackets that sit lower as another alternative.

I had been working on getting direct fit radiators made for the 8th Gen Galant, but still working out pricing details on them...for now, the cheapest and best option seems to be using the 3rd Gen Eclipse radiator still

3G Eclipse Performance & Development - Denver, Colorado
    www.blackheartmotors.net

Quote Originally Posted by crzygtz View Post
    now would that be the same for a v6? because those 2 have evo swaps
    Doesn't matter. The only problem I can see is that if you go with a 2" core, and want to retain your stock shroud/fans you might run into space issues. And that could be fixed switching to slim fans or to a pusher setup. I'll have my evo rad here in a week or so, but I'm not the first one doing this on a V6.
    Last edited by gtx; 02-10-2011 at 02:38 AM

How did that EVO radiator work on the 6 ? Gotta a crack in my plastic tank it's about time to upgrade to an all aluminum setup
    Can you size down your sig please? Thanks, Admin :)

FYI. people using JDM headlights you need evo 4-5-6 mishimoto radiator, it will clear the head lights. But you need to relocate the bottom mounts. People with auto trani needs a external oil cooler since the aluminum dont have a tank for it.

the eclipse one i dont think it clears the JDM lights i could be wrong.

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

Relocating the bottom mounts is ideal but the front crossmember is right where the driver side radiator mount is. I had to cut the radiator pegs and move them to where the galant brackets line up to