The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 4 Speed Auto

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

4 Speed Auto

Now i dont know much about this so if someone could enlighten me about it. 4 speed means the car should shift four times right? Well recently i started noticing that it would shift only three times (felt it and took a look at the Tachometer). I believe that even if its a really light shift i should be able to see it on the tachometer. Anyone know about that?

Also, after the third shift the car seems to be staying at around 2000 rpms for a good 1-3 sec before slowly climbing up.

2001,ESv6.

No, if it shifts 4 times you have a 5 speed, your always in 1 or low, so it will only shift into 2nd 3rd and 4th, which is 3 times so thats good, but for it hangin around 2000 rpm for that long it couble be slipping, have you changed your tranny fluid? whats the color like?

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

lol your funny. Your trannys going to blow up!

jk.

Only sonata f5m42 swapped. N/A build in motion.

[QUOTE=Addicks;652365]
    Also, after the third shift the car seems to be staying at around 2000 rpms for a good 1-3 sec before slowly climbing up.

Well if it is after the 3rd shift then you are already in 4th. Which if it was a true shift and has ingaged then you just have engine "lag" or it is the way your driving to see the climb in RPM's. What happens if you floor it getting onto the freeway?

Quote Originally Posted by Galantman03 View Post
    No, if it shifts 4 times you have a 5 speed, your always in 1 or low, so it will only shift into 2nd 3rd and 4th, which is 3 times so thats good, but for it hangin around 2000 rpm for that long it couble be slipping, have you changed your tranny fluid? whats the color like?
    Well i just had it rebuilt like three months ago so im pretty sure everything is new.

Quote Originally Posted by Exhaust power View Post
    lol your funny. Your trannys going to blow up!

jk.
    Haha, thats too bad for the transmission guys then =].

[QUOTE=01blackG;652382]
    Quote Originally Posted by Addicks View Post

Well if it is after the 3rd shift then you are already in 4th. Which if it was a true shift and has ingaged then you just have engine "lag" or it is the way your driving to see the climb in RPM's. What happens if you floor it getting onto the freeway?
    It would go up like it should. I guess nothing is wrong with it. Also what is this engine "Lag"?

It would go up like it should. I guess nothing is wrong with it. Also what is this engine "Lag"?[/QUOTE]

Its not really a "lag" to say. It is more of just a word or term I use. Best explained is when you hit the gas and dont notice any pick up for that first split second from the motor.

Quote Originally Posted by 01blackG View Post
    Its not really a "lag" to say. It is more of just a word or term I use. Best explained is when you hit the gas and dont notice any pick up for that first split second from the motor.
    Maybe the time it takes the air to pass through your intake and into the intake cylinders...

Change the intake manifold to an Outlander IM and a bigger throttle body (V6 or Diamente); will definitely get a better response time.

02 Mit. Galant 5 Spd -> 2010 Mit. Lancer Sportback 5 Spd -> (current) 2014 Mit Evo GSR 5 Spd
    run1206's Rear Disc Tutorial
    run1206's CF Hood Resurface Tutorial