The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Black or Chrome rims?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 30

Black or Chrome rims?

Me and my roommates have been struggling with which rims i should get so we ask for your help!

Here are 3 diff pics of my car back/front/side view. If you can enter a umber and state why. Note I am getting 20" wheels.

Options.
    1. Black rim
    2. Black rim with chrome lip
    3. Black rim with color match lip
    4. Chrome rims

Last edited by SirSaula; 02-13-2011 at 01:54 PM
    9th Generation Mitsubishi G
    TGC Texas Chapter

Friends don't let friends drive stock. Ever

i would say option 2 because it would go with the tinted windows and smoked tailights.

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    black only

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    never pull out, always squeeze inside! LOL!

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    Option 2 Will set if off nicely. All black wont have any contrast IMO. Most members here dont like chrome, so the responses may be a lil biased.
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

Yea ivory i see it is biased a bit
    TGC Texas Chapter

2. Black rim with chrome lip.... definitely... you blacked out your tails, tinted windows... you plan to make your grille black also if I recall, and your emblem on the rear is black... gotta keep the theme. But I would go with 18-19, not 20's. That's just me though.

What did you use for the lights in the parking lights and the turn signals? Almost looks like HID in the pic, but it can't be.
    Last edited by tr1kst4nce; 02-13-2011 at 05:43 PM

Quote Originally Posted by tr1kst4nce View Post
    2. Black rim with chrome lip.... definitely... you blacked out your tails, tinted windows... you plan to make your grille black also if I recall, and your emblem on the rear is black... gotta keep the theme.

What did you use for the lights in the parking lights and the turn signals? Almost looks like HID in the pic, but it can't be.
    i think he is leaving the grille chrome.

They are 18 smd super white led bulbs. Ya i was gonna black grolle but i might keep it stock now lol. Dam moddin is stressful haha
    TGC Texas Chapter

I wish i knew how to photoshop rims on my car boo hoo
    TGC Texas Chapter

why dont u go with chrome rims with black inserts? If thats not an option for you then black rims with a chrome lip would look nice

I think i will go with all black 20" wheels with maroon painted brake caliper. Just because from the side all you can see is black and I believe it will flow a lot better especially with my window tint being 5%
    TGC Texas Chapter

Experienced TGC Member showtime's Avatar
    all black!

Now the hard part is finding 20"all black that fit. I've been looking all day smfh
    TGC Texas Chapter

Quote Originally Posted by SirSaula View Post
    They are 18 smd super white led bulbs.
    Hmmm.. usually if you use LED's for a turn signal it flashes way too fast and you have to use load resistors or actual flashers to make them flash at the right speed. Otherwise it can look like you're trying to use the lights to simulate being a cop.

Did you do that or did you leave your lights flashing fast?

Quote Originally Posted by tr1kst4nce View Post
    Hmmm.. usually if you use LED's for a turn signal it flashes way too fast and you have to use load resistors or actual flashers to make them flash at the right speed. Otherwise it can look like you're trying to use the lights to simulate being a cop.

Did you do that or did you leave your lights flashing fast?
    I left them flashing. Dude they TURN heads, I've only had them for a day or two but people already keep staring at em haha and asking me how i did it. Also it looks even cooler with the fog lights with the super white leds. I think I'm the only 9G with this so far(to my knowledge).

Some chick told me it looks like "Sparkling water with two eyes" haha

Note: if you plan on doing it tint your headlight side-markers too. So it has that "fiery" look.
    TGC Texas Chapter

Quote Originally Posted by SirSaula View Post
    I left them flashing. Dude they TURN heads, I've only had them for a day or two but people already keep staring at em haha and asking me how i did it. Also it looks even cooler with the fog lights with the super white leds. I think I'm the only 9G with this so far(to my knowledge).

Some chick told me it looks like "Sparkling water with two eyes" haha

Note: if you plan on doing it tint your headlight side-markers too. So it has that "fiery" look.
    Oh, I know they turn heads. I had LED's in my turn signals about 3 years ago, but they were a more purplish white rather than bluish white. I had them in about 3 hours before I got pulled over and got a ticket for impersonating a police officer. That was during the DAY at 1pm. Then later that night I got pulled over again for the same thing, in a different county. Now I just have LED's in my parking lights and put a hyper white halogen in the turn signal. Lights up a light blue.

That's why I asked if you got the load resistors to make them flash at the right speed. Otherwise you'll probably end up getting a ticket eventually depending on how much of a douche bag the cop wants to be. My story would be case in point. 2 counties... 2 tickets :) Luckily the 2nd cop only gave me a ticket for faulty lighting rather than impersonating. But anyways...

Actually since yours use up more power they may not have blinked as fast as mine. Mine blinked like a damn strobe. Can you make a quick video of how fast they flash to compare? I'm curious.

color matched face w/ chromed lips. anybody got pictures of BGR's ride?

black w/ colormatched lips looks very nice too.

honestly, black face chrome lips is getting played (unless it's a black car cuz in that case they r colormatched faces, haha).
    Last edited by Reelax; 02-14-2011 at 01:40 PM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast