The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 17"z or 18"z standard height

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7
    scottish ian

17"z or 18"z standard height

I ,m putting new rim,s on my 8G and i was wondering if anyone could help.
    I,am keeping the suspension standard for now.
    standard(195/65/14) . . should i go 225/45/17 or 215/35/18 ?
    At some point i will lower the front end 2 inch.
    Also what is the best width 7.5" or 8"
    :puzzled1:

Senior TGC Member

Re: 17"z or 18"z standard height

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scottish ian)</div><div class='quotemain'>
    Also what is the best width Â*7.5" or 8"
    Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â*:puzzled1:</div>

I've been wondering about that myself...I'm sticking with 7.5" because that's what most other people have when using 225mm tires, but I've never actually asked anyone yet.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

size

well i have a JDM & i`m running 225 40 18 in front & 235 40 18 in the back 7.5 & its stock suspension for the while & its running very well but we have some rough roads so i might go 45 profile soon but idonno if it will touch but 7.5 safe

scottish ian
    thank,s for the info . hopefully go get new wheel,s in the next two week,s .
    i think i maybe just stick to a set of 17,z as the tyre,s are a bit expensive for 18,z in scotland.
    and the road,s are not that great here .

escoson
    imo ide go with the 225. there is still gonna be alot ofgap but njot as much as the 215 would give. i started replacing my tires with 235/40/18 and i only have them on the back as of now and there is only about 2 fingers worth of gap from tire to wheel well. once i get them on the front it will look alot better. so in all ide say go with the 225

scottish ian
    it,s lookin like i,ll have to go with 18,s as the wheel,s i like don,t come in 17,for my galant. so if 225/40/18 (7.5) fit with no problem,s that,s what i,ll go for.
    thank,s for all the help guy,s

(i,am getting a set of "wolfrace urban racer" (2003 edition) for my ride) www.wolfracewheels.co.uk what do you think :?:

Senior TGC Member
    If you have serious cash to blow like I did a while back I special ordered Volk Racing's LE37K in polished gunmetal 17x7.5 +40mm but they also come in 18x7.5 +48mm offset (I prefer this offset but I wanted 17s). Sure, I have a wheel that looks similar to everyone else out there but it's light (13 lbs), forged so it's strong as heck, and though expensive wasn't like buying magnesium wheels. I want the tucked closer to the body look rather than the extended (the most common) look...but I have to settle for flush with fender after all.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison