The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: muffler and exhaust tip

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 28 of 28
    I want for sound cosmetic but not decrease performance
    9th Generation Mitsubishi G
    TGC Texas Chapter

Friends don't let friends drive stock. Ever

a magnaflow muffler will give you sound and increase performance,there is also flowmasters.

Quote Originally Posted by SirSaula View Post
    I want for sound cosmetic but not decrease performance
    Magnaflow will not decrease your performance if you use just a muffler, but you won't get a very big performance boost as you would with a whole exhaust system and some headers, etc. That was the point we were getting at. Is that if you want sound and looks, a muffler is the way to go. Until you get a bit more mechanically inclined or you wanna pay a hefty fee to have somebody install a full exhaust system, the muffler is your best bet. You will get good sound and it will look nice, and you'll have a slight performance boost but nothing TOO major. After all... the pipes are still the same, only the muffler is different.

I don't think flowmaster has any for our G's. If I were you I'd search online and youtube, maybe even on here and see if anybody has posted videos or audio of how the mufflers sound once they swap one out. Because each model will sound different.
    Last edited by tr1kst4nce; 02-13-2011 at 10:28 PM

here is a magnaflow on a 9g galant i dont know what one it is though.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HvV3zon9d4

Quote Originally Posted by galantlvr34 View Post
    here is a magnaflow on a 9g galant i dont know what one it is though.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HvV3zon9d4
    Yeah it'd be nice if the guy posted a model/part number or something... geez...

From what I understand... the core size will determine sound. The smaller the core size the louder it will be. Which I assume would be more towards the end of a fart can. The larger the core size the more quiet and low it would be I believe. Judging from the specs I think the 9g would want about a 2.5 inch core.

Check out Vibrant mufflers too. They are quiet, with a nice deep tone to it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12