The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Finally installed my JDM Taillights

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
    24KGalantVA

Finally installed my JDM Taillights

I finally got around to installing my JDM Taillights that I got from Jaspen back in Jan. Take a look at them along with the Door Sills in my yahoo album and tell me what you think. They are at the bottom of the album and you can compare the new taillights and the old taillights. Thanks to Jaspen for selling them at the old group buy price and to BGR for the tutorial.
    http://photos.yahoo.com/da2xchamp

Infamous665
    Looks good. Im thinking bout getting the 3rd generation tails. How was it to install? Did u have to make any modifications? I dont know anything bout cars, so do u think someone like me would be able to install them without a problem?

Looks good
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

Dilemma
    God i love JDM tails. GJ!!

umm 1st gen looks nice,, u got spec on these taill light,, i mean how many bulb and stuff

AkA K h O p A r I.

I Am back BitcheZzZ

24KGalantVA
    I'm using the stock harness and all. I'm only using 3 bulbs so my turn signal is still red, I didn't wire another turn signal up. I did it the quick way by following BGR's tutorial and enlarging the JDM holes. there are many ways to hook the taillights up.

TGC Regular
    looks sweet the rides coming along very nicely.
    - Atba

Dilemma
    Quote Originally Posted by L.I.Galant665
    Looks good. Im thinking bout getting the 3rd generation tails. How was it to install? Did u have to make any modifications? I dont know anything bout cars, so do u think someone like me would be able to install them without a problem?
    You have to make modifications for the 3rd Gen tails. WHen I installed them took me about two hours to complete the job cause i made a new harness to complement the 4th hole for my turn signals. BGR's tutoral exemplifies how one has to cut the holes to match the US spec harness. Cutting will be nessesary and if you want to make a new harness you'll have to do some minor rewiring. Personally the job was easy however it just took time.

it takes some time bit if you have a dremel you could boar out the holes quick and for the fourth socket I just used two more reverse sockets from another stock harness, u just have to figure out which one is the blinker and which is not.
    Join TGC NY, Click Image to enter