The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Exhaust... catback and axle back?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 36 of 36
    And you recommended an HKS muffler right?

remember to get the sound note you want, go with a aleast dual chamber design, if you put a straight thru on there after you delet the rez it will be loud as hell.
    Your signature is against the rules too - Prophet

Get a GReddy spectrum Elite muffler, almost stock sound at low revs, but a nice deep tone @ WOT. I have the full 3G exhaust on my car, however the sound should be similar with just the muffler. Pic is just for reference,
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

Quote Originally Posted by rr2swift View Post
    remember to get the sound note you want, go with a aleast dual chamber design, if you put a straight thru on there after you delet the rez it will be loud as hell.
    I can't find any of these "dual chamber" mufflers you're telling me about in any of the good brand names. Example? Link? The only ones I've found are ones that don't even have a tip on them. I dunno...

Quote Originally Posted by greddy View Post
    Get a GReddy spectrum Elite muffler, almost stock sound at low revs, but a nice deep tone @ WOT. I have the full 3G exhaust on my car, however the sound should be similar with just the muffler.
    I can't find that muffler. I found the actual exhaust system with the mufferl, but not just the muffler.

this is what megan sounds like
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcYEdq8kH5U

8th and 9th gen galants

Was looking into purchasing a megan, think it sounds decent.
    Last edited by ludalu; 02-17-2011 at 11:45 AM

Quote Originally Posted by madkilla View Post
    this is what megan sounds like
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcYEdq8kH5U
    That guy says its a whole exhaust though, not just a muffler.

Just got off the phone with Meineke. About $100-150 for custom piping and to put on the muffler I bring in. Not too bad. Only about $40 to cut off the resonator and weld a pipe on and put the muffler on which is a really good price also.

Now... does anybody know if the catalytic converter is under the passenger seat area or is it farther forward closer towards the motor?

And who is SURE about the pipe size on our 9g's?

cat is lil bit driver area,,and IM SURE our piping is 2.25 NOT 2.50...2.50 is the after market piiping size..keep it 2.25

8th and 9th gen galants

Quote Originally Posted by tr1kst4nce View Post
    That guy says its a whole exhaust though, not just a muffler.
    what???

8th and 9th gen galants

what???
    Read the title and the details of the video... he says megan exhaust.... not muffler.. exhaust... so it's probably a whole exhaust kit.

cat is lil bit driver area,,and IM SURE our piping is 2.25 NOT 2.50...2.50 is the after market piiping size..keep it 2.25
    Why keep it 2.25? Not arguing, just asking why you think so. Will be hard to find a muffler who's inlet is 2.25. Won't they have to do something then to make it fit right? Spread the end of the pipe out larger before they put the muffler on?

I still can't decide on what muffler will give the best low growl sound without being too obnoxious. I'd like the car to be somewhat normal/quiet when idle and only loud when I get on the gas hard. You know... classy... modest. Until I hit the gas hard that is.

Quote Originally Posted by tr1kst4nce View Post
    Read the title and the details of the video... he says megan exhaust.... not muffler.. exhaust... so it's probably a whole exhaust kit.
    dude thats me haha...i have muffler of megan and custom catback piping

8th and 9th gen galants

most muffler have 2.25 inlet we have decent size of piping,,if you go bigger pipe you might lost some hp,,correct me if om wrong,,anyone?? thats what i know thats what the shop who custom made my exhaust told me,,if you wanna go bigger your choice your car...for muffler gready is a good one,,and skunk2 70mm muffler is good too

8th and 9th gen galants

dude thats me haha...i have muffler of megan and custom catback piping
    Well then... from now on when you post something like that on YouBook or FaceSpace or whatever you need to be more specific lol.

most muffler have 2.25 inlet we have decent size of piping,,if you go bigger pipe you might lost some hp,,correct me if om wrong,,anyone?? thats what i know thats what the shop who custom made my exhaust told me,,if you wanna go bigger your choice your car...for muffler gready is a good one,,and skunk2 70mm muffler is good too
    I'm going more for sound than I am HP. I'm gonna put the Secret Weapon short ram intake on there which will give good sound and then I wanna get some sound out of the exhaust. Not trying to beef up the car to race... when I use to do that I get in trouble. God doesn't want me to have any fun is what it is.

So... sound more than HP. Whatever HP I gain from the intake, which won't be much, I'll lose that if I go to 2.5. So it will balance out. We'll see.

The guy at meineke said I wouldn't wanna go bigger than 2.5 and he said he thought it was 2.25 but he wasn't sure. So that sounds like the general consensus. No bigger than 2.5 should go on there.

Do you thinkg 2.5 piping would give a more lower growl sound than 2.25?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12