The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Sig pic?

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12
    Tensta

Sig pic?

Hopefully someone can help me, I want to post a pic of my old Galant in my sig, but it tells me "Your signature cannot be longer than 50 characters excluding BB code markup." I have no idea what BB code markup means or how to make my pic into that. I suck when it comes to computer lingo. Can someone explain please?

Upload the picture to a hosting site (I use photobucket) get the image code it will have [IMG] in the beginning and the end. Copy and past that. But make sure your sig is within forum rules. 468 pixels wide and 150 tall is the maximum size for non patrons, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by wetamup2k3g View Post
    Oh, and sometimes the fat guy can lay the pipe. Just saying.....

Tensta
    Closest resize to 468 x 150 Photobucket would let me do is 200 x 100, and I still got the "Your signature cannot be longer than 50 characters excluding BB code markup." message.

Man, I need "Sigs for Dummies" or something.

This is my sigs image code try it and see if it works. If not then you may want to contact a mod. Post the pic on here and I can resize it for you. It wont be tonight though. You will have to bring the [IMG] things in.

[IMG] http://i909.photobucket.com/albums/a...ntitled-1a.jpg [/IMG]
    Last edited by 98mgalant; 02-17-2011 at 05:21 PM

Quote Originally Posted by wetamup2k3g View Post
    Oh, and sometimes the fat guy can lay the pipe. Just saying.....

Tensta
    I get the same result even when trying your sig pic. Is it because I'm a new member or something?

I really want to haz a sig...:(
    Last edited by Tensta; 02-17-2011 at 07:23 PM

Tensta
    I got it! :D

Uploaded that huge pic to tinypic.com, re-sized and posted. I haz a sig.

yah ........... lol
    Nobody built like u, u desighn ur self.

5spd swap
    full custom body conversion
    18x9 Works VS
    Big 16g evo3T next project

I'm having the same problem. I cant link my sig photo to my profile without it saying:
    "Your signature cannot be longer than 50 characters excluding BB code markup."

There's no way to shorten my photobucket link anymore than I already have, is there some probationary period that I have to pass before I can post a sig pic to my profile?

do you not know what 50 characters are?
    host it somwhere that uses a shorter url..

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dknight3 View Post
    do you not know what 50 characters are?
    host it somwhere that uses a shorter url..
    My url code from photobucket is longer than 50 characters, and it doesnt give me an issue. Im trying to help him figure out why it does for him...
    Im thinking it must be a noobie restriction but wanted to verify if it is or not.
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

Newbies have a shorter character limit than regular users. Do as Tensta did and use TinyPic.

P.S., good work Tensta. You troubleshot your own problem and hung in there until you found a solution. I'm bumping you up to a regular user

A wild Rob appears!