The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Highly recommend!

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Highly recommend!

Well, today I finished putting on new tie rod ends, new ball joints, and new wheel bearings. All I can say is wow! Car drives 100% better. Bumps dont rattle the front, it feels tight & sound now, when the car goes over a bump. Drives straight even after the alignment.
    Well worth the money and now have the peace of mind that a wheel is not going to fly off.

Havent hit the freeway but cant wait to find out if the come and go wobble is gone for good.

Cost for the repair on 8G other then my time was under $300. Plus add about another $200 in rental price for ball joint remover and wheel hub puller.

Just a pointer for those who are reading this.
    If replacing your wheel hub. Place the new hub in the freezer 24 hours prior to installing into spindal housing. And add heat to the spindal housing to make it expand. Makes it 10 time easier to get the new hub in.

Well hit the freeway today............and no shake at 70mph. So the come and go wobble is gone.

good job brotha.
    Your signature is against the rules too - Prophet

thank you for the pointers ..i'll try this when its time to change my bearings!

I remember my first wheel bearing lol!!

It really does change the drive of the car though. I love new parts =)

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

Great to hear...how many miles you have on your car? I ahve 88k on my '03. I've done this job on Jetta and Passat (but not wheel bearing portion).

I have 210,000 miles on my car.