The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Heres what the car does

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
    hrdfrntr95

Icon4 Heres what the car does

sorry for the new thread but wanted to explain in a FIRST post what the car does.

ok...(not all the time) but when starting it acted like the timing is WAY off with dragging and hard to start and not wanting to roll over. but if you play with it enuff it rolls over and pops right off.

once running it runs GREAT just a lil hiccup here and there. ran great when i test drove it and once i got it going to get home(after the starter got fried by me over trying it).

died twice both times when leaving from red lights. acted like no fuel and miss fires. then once i restarted it it drug alil and then popped right off both times.

no hesitation under acceleration, idles ok other than the hiccup here and there, NO CHECK ENGINE LIGHT BUT i dont know if it evens works cuz it doesn't come on when the key is on or when the car died. so maybe someone unplugged it or bad bulb.

theres a lil more insight into what im dealing with without having to read thru a page of "REPLACE THE DISTRIBUTOR" over and over.....

if yall still think that this is what it is im fine with forkin over 200 for a new one. the car is in too good of shape and LOW miles to scrap. just want to make sure that that sensor(S) are what could be causing it to run like this.

oh and i replaced the starter....i LOVE the reverse mount bolts that was a GREAT idea in that tight area out and back in in an hour!!!

hrdfrntr95
    thanks for all the help guys....i know yall probably hate answering NEWBIE questions but i LOVE this car and its body style..always have...and jsut want to get it going asap....thanks again

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    i still say distributor. my 95 used to do the same thing when the dizzy was dying then 1 day nothing. it just died.
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

Did you check the spark plugs and wires.

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

hrdfrntr95
    car has new plugs,wires,cap and rotor. if it was one of them causing the issue it would be more frequent. but good thought.

not sure what dist to order...does the different rotor cam sizes matter as long as i get the rotor for that size?

Get a 95 distributor. it has the cam angle sensor.
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    After you check and or replace spark wires, plugs and cap and rotor.

Check if its still correct timing

then I would say replace the MAF...similar symtoms of a failing MAF (Mass Air Flow sensor.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

Quote Originally Posted by 4-G-rim View Post
    After you check and or replace spark wires, plugs and cap and rotor.

Check if its still correct timing

then I would say replace the MAF...similar symtoms of a failing MAF (Mass Air Flow sensor.
    when my MAF died i never had an issue starting it. he said his wires and plugs are new.

maybe check to make sure the plugs are in the right spot on the distributor.

post a pic of the engine bay and we can tell you if that is right
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

I had hick ups with my old distributor, but it never stalled or anything. When I didnt have a front o2 sensor it would sputter in the morning, but it would drive somewhat ok.

Why dont you replace the Check engine light bulb and we'll start from there. The light is ther for a reason, you know
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread