The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: umm...rotor cam on distributor..???

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
    hrdfrntr95

umm...rotor cam on distributor..???

hey guys...gona go order a distributor for the car but they have 3 different ones...

OEM..which doesnt look like mine..plugs and aires are in different spots on their pic and it looks "cheap"

.526inch rotor cam

.475inch rotor cam

which one to get....and all 3 have different prices....

Its based on year. But the smaller distributer is for 94-95 and 96-98 is laager or longer.

Where you trying to buy from.?

hrdfrntr95
    advanced auto....supposed to be here today depending on how backed up their warehouse is since we had a blizzard come thru yesterday...

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    pm me your vin ill run it in caps
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

MD188610 is the stock distributor number and usually they will have the OE part numbers there too

the rotor is part number MD619273 and is 20 bucks at the dealer for just the rotor.

it may be just the rotor as if the distributor went like it did in my 95, there would be a check engine light and the car wouldnt run.
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

hrdfrntr95
    car has all new plugs rotor cap and wires and runs fine while driving....just acts like it looses spark and timing off when it goes to die. ill send you the vin...

Quote Originally Posted by hrdfrntr95 View Post
    car has all new plugs rotor cap and wires and runs fine while driving....just acts like it looses spark and timing off when it goes to die. ill send you the vin...
    so the car feels like it is going die.it might be the distributor itself starting to go what year is your car?the 94 and 95 have the crank and cam sensor built in to it.96 and 97 have the crank sensor next to the crank.

hrdfrntr95
    its the 95 2.4 es.......yeah thats what alot of people told me...i bought a crank sensor for it since thats what i was told was wrong with it just to find out the $50 sensor doesnt work on my year!! oh well....car to clean to scrap out so i think its worth another 200 in parts...

the dist i ordered has the .475 cam rotor and they ordered what should be the rotor button for it....gota go out to the garage and get the car on TDC and take out the old dist so i can carry it into town when i go this afternoon to pick up the new one.

let me know the VIN, in caps i found 3 options for 95 just like the parts store all depending on when it was made. let me get the vin and i can get you the exact numbers if there is still a problem.
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR