The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Car died, weird problem...NEED HELP

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 29 of 29
    ya most cars have fuses i believe its called a D4L fuse. on an old beretta i had in high school i blew that fuse and battery would not charge. When the car does run is the battery light on?
    2.4 dohc turbo, 10 psi,small 16g, evo 3 02 housing,98 flashable ecu,maft,3inch magnaflow exhaust,aem wideband,blitz turbo timer,egt gauge,balance shaft delete,a/c delete,battery in trunk,arp headstuds,fmic,mbc, (Wiseco 8:7:1 pistons coming soon.)

Ok, the guys at the shop replaced the alternator, and checked the car wiring, so now it turns on and runs well. the mechanic didn't want to mess with the alarm wring so now i'm left with few minor problems,

1. my fuel gauge is stuck below empty, and will not move.

2. my headlights and daylights don't turn on, although all fuses intact and turn signals work.

3. horn doesn't work

suggestions welcome.

- If you've got nothing nice to say, what the hell is wrong with you!?!

When a remote start is installed, they have to go to the steering column harness, check to make sure none of the other harnesses are loose, that could explain your lights not working and if the harness to the key switch is also loose it will explain your car dying on you.

On a side note, check the intake manifold for cracks...

Quote Originally Posted by djakay View Post
    Ok, I towed it to the shop today, they put a new alternator, checked voltage and it was not charging and shortly after car shut off again. They didn't have time to put another alternator with chances this one was faulty. Now I have to wait till tomorrow. But what are the chances new one is faulty. All electronics are disconnected from battery or any other sources so is the alarm and remote start. The shop will have an electrician look at the wiring tomorrow.

Any more ideas guys?
    Sounds like a bad ground or hot wire some wheres from the alt. Unless the guy checked the alt out put right at the back of the alt its self. If he did then he put in a faulty Alt and needs to replace it again.

If he checked it at the battery then most likely sounds like a bad connection at one of the maine ground wires or main power wires.

You should be able to follow the wires and see where they leed and connect up.

an update since last night. I took the car my office yesterday afternoon went through all the wiring, stripped the whole dash apart, checked all connectors, and wires. Everything turned out to be fine. i started the car and everything was like nothing ever happened. headlights worked, dash lit up, the gas gauge started to work. but then the alternator started to make a lot of noise, sounded like a tractor. drove it home, on the way one headlight went out, the alternator was making so much noise i thought it was going to explode.

this morning took a look at it, everything looked ok but still made noise, took it back to the shop. when i got there, the drive belt was chewed up and split in 3, and the pulley on the alty was almost falling off. they put a new one in, everything works

thank you all who helped

Ok the problem is back. Now I know the charging system doesn't work and I'm getting a code P0622 Generator Field/F Terminal Circuit. I've searched the $#&@ out of google, no one has any detailed information on this code. I've done the test indicated in the manuals. Does anyone know where the voltage regulator located on 3.0 V6? And has anyone stumbled upon this code before?

Wouldn't it be a part of the alternator?

replaced 2 alternators brand new, first one crapped out pulley came off, belt ripped. second seems fine but not charging and its brand new as well

i have TCL and ABS lights on.

left it at the shop till they fix it...gonna cost me an arm and a leg so no 5 speed swap for me with one leg and one arm lol

Some times when the ABS light comes on it can mean the charging system is not working right. AKA - alternator.

Fixes I have ran across for cars when that happens is battery connectors replace and then find all main positive wires and negitive wires that attach to the car and make sure they are all good.

But best of luck hope it doesnt cost you an arm and a leg.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12