The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: MAF Gen II + wideband with no turbo (for now)

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

MAF Gen II + wideband with no turbo (for now)

Well I'm slowly getting my turbo kit together and I'm going to try and install everything piece by piece.

I want to use the MAF Translator Gen II for my tuning with a wideband. My question is can I install the MAF with bigger (wrx) injectors with no turbo for now and turn the fuel settings down to run at the correct air/fuel ratio?

The reason I ask this is that I can install these parts with little downtime and it's one less thing I would have to do when I install the turbo (obviously need retune when turboed). I'm trying to minimize my downtime when I actually go turbo.

If I can run like this it would be for 2 months+ while I can enough time to install he rest piece by piece.

My other question is about install of the gen II MAF. With genII do I need a GM mas or can I use my stock one? Would I need the 2g wiring harness? Their website doesn't give any pictures or info....

Thanks in advance

Yes you can. I've been running WRX injectors for three years now (used the MAFT gen 1 for about two of those years). You'll have to scale down the injectors and adjust the latency for the voltages in EcuFlash.
    I haven't installed my GenII yet so i wouldn't know about installation for that.

02 Mit. Galant 5 Spd -> 2010 Mit. Lancer Sportback 5 Spd -> (current) 2014 Mit Evo GSR 5 Spd
    run1206's Rear Disc Tutorial
    run1206's CF Hood Resurface Tutorial

Experienced TGC Member
    Yes you can run the gen2 for now and installation would be the same as a safc. You can use your stock mas just make sure you set it for the stock mas input and output. You don't need the 2g wiring harness just tap into your oem harness. fyi give yourself some room when tapping the harness just in case you want to remove it later in favor of another type of piggy back, evo ecu or ams etc. Also use the same and a good grounding point for all the negatives including your wideband if your trying to go for auto tune. If I'm not mistaken since it has been so long one of the grounds needs to be tapped a little further up from the rest on the same ground line.
    ASE Certified Master Automotive Tech
    2000 Galant ES = Daily Driver
    1996 Galant Turbo + 5 speed & lsd = fun ****SOLD****
    1992 Galant VR-4 #372/1000 Kensington Grey ***SOLD***

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    I should be boosting my 8G in spring, good topic btw

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678