The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Door rattles from speaker

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Door rattles from speaker

My right side door starts to rattle when i crank up the music. Has anyone had problems with this? I am driving a 2001, and me left door is fine. Seems to just be my right side. I checked the speaker and it is functioning proper.
    I am open to suggestions!

Also, First Post!!

Quote Originally Posted by WildN0X View Post
    My right side door starts to rattle when i crank up the music. Has anyone had problems with this? I am driving a 2001, and me left door is fine. Seems to just be my right side. I checked the speaker and it is functioning proper.
    I am open to suggestions!

Also, First Post!!
    Usually when you have a rattle and the speaker sounds fine you got something in there loose. Screw, clamp, clip... could even be something that got in there between the window flaps while the windows were down and you were driving.

My suggestion is to take off the door panel and just check for anything that may be loose. You could even go as far as to tap the panel in certain areas with the handle of a screw driver to see if anything in particular rattles. Just gotta find what's in there that's loose man.

By the way, welcome to the boards. I'm in Indy. Where in IN are you from?

Experienced TGC Member fliegendaffe's Avatar
    dynamat

What speakers do you have?

Just rip apart the door and tighten EVERYthing down. It's relatively easy.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk 'cause I'm awesome
    -Andrew

first take everything out of the door pocket

It's pretty much cut and dry... take the panel off.. make sure nothing is loose or rumbling in there... debri from the windows being down... etc.

If that's not it, you can try Dynamat like the guy above said, but that's not always the issue. That's usually more for stopping road noise from coming in and for subs that will rattle your car. If it's actually the speaker causing the rattle, a speaker baffle might work as a cushion between the bracket of the door that holds the speaker in. Speaker baffles are usually just a few bucks for a pair.

But either way you're still going to have to get in there and snoop around.

I know some speakers rattle when they are blown. It might not sound like its out simply because the other speakers are clear. Play with the radio settings to isolate the speaker.....if its blown you'll hear that rattle. Just another avenue to explore...good luck

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

gglantgirly00
    Mine rattled before, so I swapped out all the factory speakers and put all pioneer in. Sounds hella better. And I didn't even have to use dynamat. My trunk used to rattle from the two subs, but I just put two screw holes in the bottom of the license plate to tighten it up and it doesn't do it anymore. My car hits nicely, lol.