The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Code: 43 egr malfunction

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Code: 43 egr malfunction

I got the engine codes for engine coolant temp sensor and egr system fault. the egr valve has been replaced but i still have the engine code coming up for it. i thought it could be the solenoid but i cant find the part anywhere. if anyone has other suggestions on what i can do or where i can get the solenoid please let me know.

for the egr valve you can try cleaning it with some carb cleaner.

best bet is a junk yard. get the solenoid the the one-way check valve with it
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

what about those who aren't using an EGR, like me with the cyclone IM?
    94 Galant GS: 4G67 head, 1G IM, Evo 8 TB, DeltaCam 272/264 Cams, Test Pipe, OE Avenger V6 60mm catback w/muffler, modified Outlander header, DIY COP setup, B/S delete, 315cc injectors, AEM UEGO WBO2, Black case 3G ECU

1994 GS FYI
    DSM/CSM Manuals

i know right. im using evo 3 IM and it doesnt have egr flange, but that didnt stop me from having the egr working properly. Properly at least for the ECU to think that it works, but it doesnt do much for emissions. Ill take a few photos tomorrow. And Ive posted a tutorial of how exactly its done and it actually works. The IM always stays clean, no carbon build up at all and no CEL . That of course is due to no exhaust being introduced to the egr ports.
    Last edited by mko; 02-21-2011 at 03:14 AM
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

I had no CEL til the weather warns up. Most likely the EGR temp sensor input to the ECU. I wonder if using a resistor will prevent future EGR code.
    94 Galant GS: 4G67 head, 1G IM, Evo 8 TB, DeltaCam 272/264 Cams, Test Pipe, OE Avenger V6 60mm catback w/muffler, modified Outlander header, DIY COP setup, B/S delete, 315cc injectors, AEM UEGO WBO2, Black case 3G ECU

1994 GS FYI
    DSM/CSM Manuals

ok after further review i found out the 94 galant has a egr temp sensor but i had the 94 engine with 200,000 miles taken out and had a 96 engine with 50,000 miles put in and the 96 does not have a temp sensor that can be replaced unless you replace the whole egr valve. still not sure how to get the egr code 43 to stop setting off checkengine light.

this turned out to be the sileniod which i got from the junkyard for $20. also changed out the evap silenoid and the vaccum just to be safe. i also used seafoam to clean out the intake manifold and everything not sure if that helped to or not.