The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Throttle body

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13

Throttle body

what are some dissadvantages and advantages of switching the stock 52mm tb with a 60mm tb? and will the 60mm tb just bolt right up with no fabercation. also what would be better K&N short ram air or custom made cold air intake?

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    get a 1g non turbo throttle body, its like 62 or 63 and you dont have to worry about the throttle body elbow and stuff. it does bolt right up just get the gasket for that throttle body. the upgrade is pointless unless you port out the hole for the throttle body. our throttle body is actually bigger than 52, about 55-56mm. the 2g turbo is 52mm.

just leave your thottle body unless you plan on using the extra air as the stock throttle body is fine
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

ours is 48mm and unless he ports the intake manifold to 60mm, the 1g tb is useless
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Galanttuner10 View Post
    get a 1g non turbo throttle body, its like 62 or 63 and you dont have to worry about the throttle body elbow and stuff. it does bolt right up just get the gasket for that throttle body. the upgrade is pointless unless you port out the hole for the throttle body. our throttle body is actually bigger than 52, about 55-56mm. the 2g turbo is 52mm.

just leave your thottle body unless you plan on using the extra air as the stock throttle body is fine
    he was asking about it because he was looking at getting a cold air intake and i told him about the one RacerX4g64S is selling and it comes with the throttle body.

Quote Originally Posted by galantlvr34 View Post
    he was asking about it because he was looking at getting a cold air intake and i told him about the one RacerX4g64S is selling and it comes with the throttle body.
    gotcha.

and MKO, do you have a pic to confirm this as my 2g turbo TB next to a stock 7g on, the 7g was bigger. maybe im just blind. the N/As have normally had a larger throttle body than the turbos, hence the non turbo 1g 2.0 have a 63mm throttle body when the 60 was more than suffiecent anyway
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

ok, there are no 63mm tb for dsms. The inside diameter is always 60mm and it goes up to 67mm OD.

I have read the 60mm TB flows as much as 63mm would, but there are no 63mm OEM TBs.

If you see someone selling 63mm TB, its usually over bored

Quote Originally Posted by Galanttuner10 View Post
    gotcha.

and MKO, do you have a pic to confirm this as my 2g turbo TB next to a stock 7g on, the 7g was bigger. maybe im just blind. the N/As have normally had a larger throttle body than the turbos, hence the non turbo 1g 2.0 have a 63mm throttle body when the 60 was more than suffiecent anyway
    Yeah, you're correct. its 2 1/8'' or 52mm. I guess i was thinking of the mirage tb. i had a tutorial about it somewhere here
    Last edited by mko; 02-21-2011 at 03:28 AM
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

the opening on the NT throttle body is 63 mm the plate is still 60mm, very slight gain to be had.

im not too sure of real gains from any throttle body swap as i have seen plenty of 2gs making 400+ on the stock 52mm throttle body and non ported intake mani and cars with the same setups(not identical but damn close) and a 1g tb still make around the same
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

I have had a 1G N/T Eclipse 60mm TB on 7G for about 2-3 years. The is a noticeable improvement in acceleration. Butt dyno results... a good cheap mod I guess few hp if you can actually feel a few hp. IDK!

But during WOT acceleration I could tell a difference. You can do the swap for like $50-$70.

Stock 7G is 54mm according to my digital caliper

Stock 1G is 60mm again according to my digital caliper

About a 10% increase in size

ok well when i get a new tire i will dyno the car as long as no one laughs at me about the numbers. and then i will bore out the intake manifold and put on the bigger tb and cold air intake and dyno again. with my 3000GT i did the same thing. after every change in the car i had it dynoed. i gained 4hp from removing the passenger seat rear seats and everything in the trunk on my 3000GT

Great info to have there and we will be thankful when you share it.

COOL Thanks ! I guess 4-7HP around 3000RPMS!

ok i can not find a dyno around where i live in kittey me/portsmouth nh. i have looked online and the only one i found doesnt do fwd cars or imports for that matter only mustangs. i will keep looking but if anyone finds somewhere pleas let me know.