The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: CAI help and basic questions

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

CAI help and basic questions

For those of you who sometimes have a tantrum , let me preface this by saying I searched the forums before posting.

I was doing some reading on air temp readings between the CAI's and the SR's especially during the summer months and in regular city driving with alot of stopping and starting. People with SR's having serious fuel economy issues and some other things. I also did some reading about how safe CAI's are in the midwest where we get alot of snow in the winter and alot of rain in the summer. Seems like a CAI will be ok as long as I take care not to go into flooding puddles and the snow is not a problem. Plus I can put on a Hydro-Shield to help.... Hell if people in Canada and Alaska can run a CAI, and people in Washington where it rains endlessly can use a CAI... there's no reason why here in Indianapolis I can't.... but my questions are as follows.

I know that for the 2005 Galant 2.4L I have, I would need to get a 2006 Eclipse 2.4L model CAI. But I noticed that the V6 models by Injen say they can convert into a short ram. But when I look at the picture of the 2 pieces of pipe for the CAI of the 2.4L model, it looks like if you put the filter on the piece of pipe that goes into the manifold that it can be used as a short ram also. Same with the Fujita model CAI's. Anybody know for sure or am I just being hopeful? Maybe the pictures don't match the actual product?

Since it won't be as easy to put on as a short ram would, are there any little problems or quirks I may have installing? Like taking off the driver side wheel to get acces... etc?
    Last edited by tr1kst4nce; 02-22-2011 at 01:57 AM

By the way, is it going to make a difference if I have automatic transmission as opposed to manual? It looks like I will depending on what brand of CAI I get.
    Last edited by tr1kst4nce; 02-22-2011 at 01:56 AM

newer model cai's have a universal fit between auto's an manual... if given a choice always pic auto... the bends are sharper for the manual cars. Also, rotating/twisting the pipes in a circle can also help in placement if the tubing is starting to lean towards a different area
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???