The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Ranting...

Showing results 1 to 19 of 19

Ranting...

Why in the hell is a 3rd gen acura integra gs quicker than our stock 7g's? Sad :( I want to go boosted, finally. Going to start researching and gathering parts. Hopefully it'll happen this summer, we'll see.

Probably motor swap in the one you ran. Don't assume he had a non-vtec B18, because they are stock like that.

possibly, it looked very stock. on steelies, stock exhaust, etc. it just surprised me. I have a fairly new 4g64, it's only got about 40,000 miles on it w/5 speed and short shift. I know it ain't fast but I figured I could whip an integra! lol :)

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    lighter and prolly vtec. even the SOHC vtech has more power and is lighter. if your car was 5 speed you might have had a chance. auto 7gs are junk
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

On average they have the same horsepower, and the Integra weighs 200 lbs less, so thats how. That said, in real world competition the driver is a huge factor also (not saying you are worse though).

not to mention they rev higher wich also helps. The GSR is the one with the B18 and stock is 190 hp or something like that. So more HP + higher revs = rape if you don't know what you are doing

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

well i'd like to think i know what i'm doing, i usually try to shift at only 5500 because the sohc doesn't really have any power after that... but yes it does depend on the driver, for sure.

actually on my dyno pulls we figured out that the SOHC 4g64 makes no power after 5k rpms.

and the 5spd makes a world of diffrence.

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

^Thats what i figured trying to shift at redline all the time. Are engines are more ready for turbo then theirs will ever be though

Only sonata f5m42 swapped. N/A build in motion.

why redlining? the maximum power the sohc engine makes is at 5500 rpms
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mko View Post
    So 6200 RPM then Rev limiter then shift = loss

hitting the rev limiter of course is bad. do a pull in th 7g and watch how fast you get to 5000 rpm then watch it struggle to 5500 and even more to 6000
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

Quote Originally Posted by rockingout92 View Post
    possibly, it looked very stock. on steelies, stock exhaust, etc. it just surprised me.
    Around here those are the tuned ones, the ones with wings, bodykits, fart cannons and 19's are stock, maybe even auto. For all you know this guy could have had a lightly built B20 in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Galanttuner10 View Post
    hitting the rev limiter of course is bad. do a pull in th 7g and watch how fast you get to 5000 rpm then watch it struggle to 5500 and even more to 6000
    Last time I hit 6000rpm it was like the scene in the first Fast and Furious movie where his floorboard pops off. No joke I heard something clunk under the car and then it was gone (the clunk), been fine ever since!!
    Last edited by oakrdrs187; 02-23-2011 at 05:03 PM

Quote Originally Posted by mko View Post
    alot of cars make max hp 500 rpms before redline. you want to fall back into the power band so you shift later. I dont know the 64 engine curve but for example some honda engines max rpm are 500 rpms before redline just like ares. but since there engine curve is like a steep mountain shifting at redline even though power drops off some its still more power then the bottom of the gear has if they shifted 500 rpms early.

Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    So 6200 RPM then Rev limiter then shift = loss
    Redlining and revlimiter are two different things!

Only sonata f5m42 swapped. N/A build in motion.

Yeah my car is a 5-speed stock, but I just recently put a b&m replica kit in w/the shift base bushings and it's like a whole different car

Quote Originally Posted by rockingout92 View Post
    Yeah my car is a 5-speed stock, but I just recently put a b&m replica kit in w/the shift base bushings and it's like a whole different car
    you want to make it a new car do a light flywheel, i enjoy how fast my car revs. and an upgraded clutch
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

The SOHC delivers its power output way earlier in the lower rpm range. If you rev to 5.5k and shift and with rpm difference of 1k (roughly) between gears, the engine would still be in its powerband around 4.5k making power.

To the OP: you shouldnt be pulling that kind of stunts on any public roads. Wanna race go to the track. And having 2.4L engines doesnt make our cars fast or quick. Its just a very good platform to build, an engine that has lots of potential if modded right.
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

I was thinking of that the other day... so will a flywheel for a 2g eclipse fwd tranny fit mine? they are the same transmission right?

And for the record, it WAS on a public road, but the speed limit was fifty-five, and I shut it down at sixty. I've always made sure to be mature on the roads and not to endanger anybody else when I'm driving.

they arent the same tranny but use the same style clutch and flywheel. must be a 2g FWD flywheel.
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR