The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 8G Galant Grill

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 41

8G Galant Grill

Hey I want to get some rust proof mesh for my grill instead of the stock grill that comes with it.
    #1 Where can I get this from other than ebay?
    #2 I took the grill out to see how I would install the mesh but I cant get an idea how I can attach the mesh sturdy enough to fit the empty space.
    #3 I plan to put the mesh around the grill and cut around the outline so it should fit the space, should I do that or cut the vertical bars within the grill and attach the mesh inside of the stock grill (filling the space where the cut out bars were)
    8)
    Helllllllllllllllp please.
    Stashbox, X-box, Laptop, FaxMachine, Phone
    BulletProof this Bit** and I'm GONE!

Dilemma
    i plan on doing this mod cause i saw another galant with it and it looks tight. First you can buy the mesh from home depot for a VERY reasonable price. Cut out the slots and just place the mesh behind the existing piece. What my friend used was paper clips and some super glue. When i get done with it i'll post something on how I did it. However you shouldnt pay to much for the mesh.

TRU

Yeah when you complete it lemme know how ya did it... Yeah I saw a galant with it on there too and BOOYA tight as hell.

Aight keep me posted. :evil:

Supernova
    I just got started on doing this today. The mesh was only 1.17 a piece at Lowes. I got 2 pieces just in case.

I'll finish cutting the the little slots tomorrow and ansd them down. Then i'll pain the grill white to match the car, then install the mesh. It will looks sweet.

Grill

So you did cut the original grill bars? and you're putting the mesh inside of the original grill?

Supernova

Re: Grill

Quote Originally Posted by VicDamone
    So you did cut the original grill bars? and you're putting the mesh inside of the original grill?
    Yes. Exactally.

Cutting the bars?

What are you using to cut the grill cleanly?

i been thinking about doing this myself...keep us updated with pics if possible, and maybe a tutorial of it comes out nice. good luck man

lots of people have done this. you can use JB weld to sitck the mesh to the grill. i did it the "easy way". i put quotes around "easy" cuz i replaced the grill.

hey guys w/ modded US spec grills... drop ur $0.2 please.

GaLanT

here's my grill. I used clear outdoor silicon to attach the mesh to the grill. in the pic, the grill is painted to match the body but i'm going to chrome it tomarrow.. don't remember how it looked like that.

whatd u use to cut out the teeth?..im assuming a regular hack or jig saw would do since its just plastic?

Supernova
    Man. I forgot to take pics while we(me and my dad) were cutting and painting the grill. Once he gets bank with the camera, i'll take some pics and show you what we used to cut the slots out and to grind them down. And the paint matches the car very nice. I just hate having to wait for it to dry. :cry: Once it dries, i'll cut and put on the mesh..... and take some more pics.

Censee
    hy GaLaNt,,,u should leave it like that...if u chrome it it will just look stock...i like it like that man...just my opinion

I am making a custom grill out of fiberglass, should be done tomorrow or Thursday. I'll post pics when its done.
    Love,
    Matt

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GaLanT)</div><div class='quotemain'>

here's my grill. I used clear outdoor silicon to attach the mesh to the grill. in the pic, the grill is painted to match the body but i'm going to chrome it tomarrow.. don't remember how it looked like that.</div>

holy crap! that looks sweet! is it just the picture, or did you curve the mesh so it looks like that? how did you cut the grille slots to make it so smooth?

also.....how do you reattach the grille? those clips are giving me the hardest time.....

jman380
    you have to put the clips in before you put the grill back in its place. trust me its alot easier. once you got the clips in all you have to do is pop the grill in. im doing the same mod im painting the grill the color of my car bnut im using black mesh instead. i figured the black mesh will really stand out since my headlights are black cause of the projectors

GaLanT
    The mesh is curved.. It was pretty funny because i hit a stupid ass bird once and the mesh bent all the way in.. the good thing about mesh is that it bends right back into place btw.. use the good mesh, the one i used was really hard to bend and that was good but my friend's mesh bends like nothing and that's shit.

the grille actually serves a purpose. it covers up the big hole between the headlights and ur car can look hideous without the grille. so here's a cheap and easy solution to filling in that gap while ur working on ur grille. go down to home depot or the hardware store and buy a sheet of gutter guard. bend that bad boy to the shape for ur grille and use that in place of the grille until things are done.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

A word of advice, if you get the mesh from Home Depot or a place like that, make sure you either paint it or clear coat it. If you don't, it will tarnish. Atleast mine did.

Mesh lower

How do you get the mesh in the lower part of the galant??

And how long does it take to do the mod, will I be able to do it if I start early early on a saturday?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast