The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Camshaft position sensor

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 26

Camshaft position sensor

So after replacing my crank shaft sensor and balanceshaft belt like 3 times in less than a year i decided it was time to remove the blanace shaft all of it m mechanic wich is savy in mitsubishi engines did the work for me a very good one i think anyways after that a few month later my car started having some trouble it would not accelerate i got it scanned and the ignition got replaced car runs fine in a term now. Check engine light came on after a. Few days and car feels different now it idles qt very low like 400rpms wich makes my car vibrate a lot so i went and got it scanned again it says camshaft sensor my mechanic told me that its located somehwere inside or around the ignition wich is new btw my ignition cables are extremely cracked being hold by a strap do you guys think this could be the cause??

Experienced TGC Member
    Its built into your distributor. You have to replace the whole unit. I had my distributor go out twice but i didnt have a CEL.. Its a bitch to diagnose that one.

I bought a brand new complete ignition isnt that in the ignition??

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow19 View Post
    Its built into your distributor. You have to replace the whole unit. I had my distributor go out twice but i didnt have a CEL.. Its a bitch to diagnose that one.
    it a lie, i had the same problem and just remplace the camshaft sensor, look, the distributor have 3 big pices, the coil, which have a conector (2 pins), and the other conector, which have like 7 or 9 pins i dont remember, well, that part of the distributor have that sensor,

and yes, some pleople name it "power ignition module"

i buy it in ebay, but there is no anymore.

sorry for the bad english xD hehe

-Mitsubishi Galant LS 1994 a/t [ SOLD ]

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by raks_22 View Post
    it a lie, i had the same problem and just remplace the camshaft sensor, look, the distributor have 3 big pices, the coil, which have a conector (2 pins), and the other conector, which have like 7 or 9 pins i dont remember, well, that part of the distributor have that sensor,

and yes, some pleople name it "power ignition module"

i buy it in ebay, but there is no anymore.

sorry for the bad english xD hehe
    Maybe thats the difference between 97-98 distributor. All the auto stores told me that the distributor didnt have replacement parts.

i dont think so, the 96-98 distributors are the same, and also the 95-94 have the same part but havent that sensor. Letme take a pictures (if i find the old sensor) xd, and post it!

Icon10

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow19 View Post
    Maybe thats the difference between 97-98 distributor. All the auto stores told me that the distributor didnt have replacement parts.
    here we have, take a look.
    ihad the Ecu Code "camshaft position sensor failure" dont remember the number, PO704 or something like that..

soo, that can be your answer to that fkg code.

NOTE: if u see that distributor a litle ugly is because it dont work, the coil doesnt work, but i keep it, i dont know why xD.

no one see it?, ¬¬

Yes saw it thanks for explaining that. Am going to replace the distributor cable mine is really in bad shape it doesnt hod together its very bad my mechanic thinks the code could be the cable. Becouse if i replaced the whole ignition that sensor is brand new and i was also getting the same code before the ignition died

amm i dont think that, the wires dont send any code

is there a part # for that ignition module?

am. i think, but i dont remember it. but u can search it like that, like "Galant 96-98 ignition module"

found it for like 30$ but i am not sure if this is the problem i just replaced the whole ignition and that module is inside the ignition so basically its also new and am still getting the same code

u buy a new distributor?

yes

all new? or yunked one?

All new with 1yr warranty

i decided to open all up see if u could find something wrong, got to see the sensor and everything but i dont think its broken i found this out. I think these wholes on the timing plate thing are suposed to align with the nuts hole and it doesnt. is this supposed to be like this?? how is it on yours? i think the plate is the one out of place here

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

here's mine.

so basically urs is round so u set it up anyway u want allowing u to make them fit.... maybe this is the problem?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast