The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Odd check engine light behavior

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Odd check engine light behavior

I have a 94 galant and the check engine light comes on when i hit the brakes and goes off soon as i hit the gas pedal. It sometimes takes a few mins of driving to start the cycle but once it starts its constant. I brake to slow down or stop at a light (comes on) soon as i touch the gas to go the light comes off.. Any ideas? Thanks.

is the throttle acting weird??? i had that
    cleaned my MAFS out with some MAFS cleaner from autozone and that stopped happening

The car does act wierd when driving, If i keep the car at the same speed for more then like 5 seconds or so It kinda hesitates. My rpms will be at like 2k and will get short jerking burts where rpms will drop down to like 1k then right back up. I can put it on cruise control on a straight flat road and reproduce it all day long. soon as more gas is given it smooths right out to normal.

TGC Regular
    your TPS is not working correctly you need a new one. I had the same issue. it starts the short bursts when you cruising at a certain speed with your foot barely on the gas pedal right?? If so then its your TPS...

crossed wire maybe?

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

Guessing wont help much. A new TPS is some like $200, what if it doesnt fix it. The next guess might be an IAC, then that another 230...you know what i mean

Have the car doing this and then pull over and follow the instructions with the check engine light on. Use the second picture and below. The connector is above the gas pedal

http://www.troublecodes.net/mitsu/
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

^^^yea, check the code it's giving you and go from there.

Im about to check it as we speak, I also have some type of drain. Left my car for 2days and battery was dead, was under warranty so got it replaced today and picked up a voltmeter gonna try to read the codes and diagnose the drain, Will update once i find something. Thanks for all the help so far, this is my first galant and so glad i found this site =)